Automation Test Analyst
- Perth WA, Australia
insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
As an Automation Test Analyst, you will be responsible for testing automation and quality assurance for our classleading suite of financial reporting products. Working closely with Software Engineers, you will contribute to best practices throughout the development lifecycle and advocate the right approach to ensure quality and delivery excellence We enjoy our work as much as we enjoy working together and want Engineers who can get things done while having a positive influence on our workplace environment. The successful candidate must have a passion for automation, be committed to continuous improvement, and demonstrate a relentless pursuit of quality.
- Implementation and maintenance of Automated Test Infrastructure and Test Suites
- Align automation with the speed of development. Make informed decisions on what, how, and when to automate.
- Identify test conditions, both positive and negative, from User Stories, Product Backlog Items, and other requirements documents.
- Create test cases with pre-conditions including machine state, configuration and data; action steps which exercise the code; and expected results for successful execution.
- Execute test cases, document results, update progress and track bugs
- Use both manual and automation testing techniques to identify, track and report existing bugs as well as potential areas of risk in our software
- Design and execute non-functional testing (e.g., performance, security and accessibility) by using standard testing techniques
- Participate in daily stand-ups, sprint planning and retrospectives, and other meetings as needed
- Serve as an initial point of escalation for testing issues and escalate accordingly
- Operate in an agile development team and participate in the design, development, testing, and debugging of applications.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Discipline and Perseverance – Focus and commitment to solving complex issues through to completion.
- Flexibility and Hard Work – Operate in a fast-paced, iterative development environment; learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Problem Solving – Strong critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Quality – Dedicated to producing high-quality software and implementing testing best practices.
- Team Work – Communicate effectively and operate in a team environment.
- Effective Communicator - Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills - a proven ability to utilize your sense of urgency to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Self-Improvement - actively self-improves through individual learning, coursework, or otherwise.
Qualification and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- Three years of commercial software testing experience.
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern language like C# or Java
- Experience with test automation tools and infrastructure, Ranorex & Jenkins highly desirable
- Exposure to various web technologies such as gRPC, SOAP, REST, and OData.
- Understanding of software development process, best practices, and concepts
- Proficiency in designing, developing, and maintaining test cases and test suites
- Experience of working in an Agile Scrum/Kanban development environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the stated work location. **