Director, Product Management – Content Platform
- Raleigh, NC, USA
insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
The Director, Product Management – Content Platform is responsible for solution content strategy and delivery within our portfolio of solutions for the Office of the CFO. You will lead a team of Product Managers, Product Owners, Business Analysts, and external functional consultants to build a Business Intelligence content competency for out-of-the-box business views, dashboards, reports, and templates that address the needs of our customers, reduce time to value, and increase the overall value of our solutions.
You will work directly with product leadership, Sales, Marketing, Engineering to drive product ideation and roadmap development. We are looking for a natural problem solver who puts the consumer front and center, can work amidst ambiguity, and be willing and able to roll up your sleeves to get work done.
The successful candidate has a blend of visionary and analytical skills, a deep understanding of ERP reporting needs in organizations, can account for every dollar we invest in products, how it benefits the customer and creates value, and how/when we make a return on investment.
What will you do?
- Identify metrics for success that tie customer value and product utilization to ongoing revenue generation
- Meet with customers to identify needs and opportunities, determine product-market fit
- Document key use cases and personas to help the team understand the problems
- Acquire deep expertise and understanding of the market problem and evangelize the financial and operational reporting needs of Office of the CFO
- Utilize functional consultants and ERP experts to assist in the definition and development of solutions
- Build a scalable process to create solution templates and sample reports that provide immediate value to customers and demonstrate the value of our reporting products
- Create a development plan that triangulates existing resources, technical constraints, and unmet needs to build an iterative delivery plan to validate concepts with customers
- Validate solutions and walk through product iterations during development to ensure product development is on track to meet customer needs
- Bring a product development mindset that continually weighs trade-offs between scale and repeatability against customization and depth to move fast
- Work across PM and Engineering leadership to influence individual roadmaps to prioritize content consumption for respective customer bases
- Ensure final product meets customer needs
- Execute new product launch plans, partnering with Product Marketing and Sales Enablement to provide product education, demonstrations, and expertise to internal and external customers
- Build a world-class team, identify team members strengths and use them successfully
- Continuously mentor and scale the product team while motivating product managers to deliver high-quality work
- Help shape and define the product team's methodology while leveraging product and industry best practices
- Communicate and evangelize the product team's goals and strategy to identify opportunities for synergy and build alignment across various stakeholders
- Drive the content platform product strategy and roadmap to ensure that the company achieves its long-term business needs and goals
- Provide ongoing market analysis and action plans by tracking the market and competitive dynamics for the product category
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Commercial product management expertise – Demonstrate a track record of success in B2B product management
- Customer Focus – Analyze and understand voice of the customer (win/loss, NPS, customer interviews) and the impact to customer experience
- Domain Expertise – deep understanding of organizational ERP reporting needs with experience across an array of companies and industries
- Team Leadership – Build and develop a world-class team, identify team members strengths and use them successfully
- Strategic/Tactical Balance – Ability to balance the market and product vision with disciplined tactical execution
- Market Focus – Analyze and understand market segments, trends, players and the impact to product commercialization and strategy
- Cross-functional leadership – Lead and drive execution across Development, Sales, Marketing, Support, and Customer Success
- Drive & Grit – Operate in a fast-paced environment with a focus and determination to achieve high-quality results
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering or in a related field
- 8+ years of experience in B2B software Product Management, ERP Reporting Solutions Delivery, Marketing or in a related area with commercial responsibilities
- 3 or more years of management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Pragmatic Marketing certified or related product management certification
- Ability to travel up to 25%
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the stated work location. **