IT Helpdesk Support Specialist
- Raleigh, NC, USA
insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
insightsoftware is looking for an IT Helpdesk Support Specialist who will strategically address Corporate IT helpdesk tickets and provide a positive customer experience to our employees
What You'll Do:
- Local and remote support of laptops and VM’s. Support our applications both on-prem or cloud-based, including email, VPN, collaboration software, and encryption software.
- Take ownership of assigned tickets and track to resolution while meeting SLA’s. Create support tickets with our vendors/service providers to resolve issues reported by our employees.
- Comprehend basic Active Directory administration and be able to join/remove systems from a domain. Add network printers, help users connect to a wireless network, and/or troubleshoot network configurations.
- New starter setups and inductions
- Maintain and deploy our corporate image onto our laptops and be able to update Microsoft patches as well as various software updates.
- Supporting and troubleshooting all end-user hardware and associated peripherals and accompanying software
- Supporting any complex related desktop matters (escalating internally and externally where required)
- Answer questions in person, by phone/email, and using the help desk ticketing system. Triage incoming tickets and identify/escalate tickets that are critical.
- Document ticket resolution and write procedures for the helpdesk knowledge base.
- Upkeep of asset management tools to track company-owned hardware and software
- Involvement in project work
- Minimal travel will be expected
What You'll Need:
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role (Helpdesk support/technician) and have experience with helpdesk ticketing systems.
- Hands-on experience with laptop and server hardware troubleshooting, VOIP and phone technologies, anti-virus systems, and imaging/patching software.
- Ability to multi-task tickets and projects while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Strong and effective written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to collaborate with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Must have a strong diagnostic and problem-solving ability.
- Fast learner, self-starter, proactive, positive, creative, and flexible.
- People-oriented with excellent customer service and good communication skills, verbal and written with particular attention to detail
- Stays current with emerging technologies and industry best practices.
- Must be a team player willing to make every effort to make the team a success.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.