- Raleigh, NC, USA
insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
Our Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing complex financial performance analysis, assisting with budgeting and forecasting processes, and supporting functional leaders with KPI analyses and ad hoc reporting.
In this role, you must be extremely diligent and organized. We’re looking for a motivated self-starter that can work independently with little oversight. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of Excel, excellent judgment, and won’t be intimidated by the demands of a fast-paced company in a rapid-growth phase.
What will you do?
- Research and provide period over period variance explanations of forecasts of financial statements
- Partner with functional leaders to create annual budgets and related reports
- Provide ad-hoc financial support to functional managers as needed
- Assist with month-end reporting processes, including preparation of slides for monthly board presentations
- Create and maintain performance dashboards for various departments within insightsoftware
- Perform routine reconciliations to ensure reporting accuracy
How will you do it?
- Drive & Discipline – ability to focus and work hard to achieve the right results
- Integrity – high ethical standards and doing the right thing even when others aren’t looking
- Mental agility – a keen intellect and comfort with complexity; enjoy tackling new challenges and solving problems
- Detail-orientation – be thorough and consistently deliver high-quality work
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- 2+ years of experience in FP&A or similar roles
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with standard financial planning and accounting concepts, practices and procedures
- Passion for managing, organizing, and analyzing large and/or ambiguous sets of data
- Proactive thinker, accountable, with high level of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to also work independently, with a high degree of accuracy, in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce
- Prior experience with a software company
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.