Director, Software Engineering
- Raleigh, NC, USA
Insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
As a Director of Software Engineering, you will lead a global team of talented engineers who are dedicated to building out our class-leading suite of Financial Software Products servicing the office of the CFO. The chosen candidate must be a self-starter, possess great organizational skills, and have excellent communication abilities. A proven results-oriented person with a delivery focus and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
We enjoy our work as much as we enjoy working together and want teammates who can get things done while having a positive influence on our workplace environment.
- Lead multiple software development teams, including staffing, mentoring, enhancing, and maintaining best-of-class software development leaders across multiple teams and disciplines.
- Collaborate with architects, product managers, software development managers, and developers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach, delivering value quickly to customers without sacrificing software quality.
- Manage and optimize the overall software development lifecycle.
- Create software development roadmaps, operational plans, and the management of execution against project plans and delivery commitments within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Report on development status, quality, operations, and system performance to executive management and act quickly and decisively to resolve customer-impacting issues.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class development team.
- Evolution of the software development practice within the organization, including better reporting, tools, and evolution of development methodology.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Planning and Management – Highly effective planning and organizational skills.
- Leadership and Vision - Ability to inspire people at all levels to follow your technical vision.
- Discipline and Perseverance – Focus and commitment to solving complex issues through to completion.
- Flexibility and Hard Work – Operate in a fast-paced, iterative development environment; learn and adapt to new business demands and changing technologies.
- Problem Solving – Strong critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Quality – Dedicated to producing high-quality software and implementing development best practices.
- Effective Communicator – Excellent written, presentation, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills - a proven ability to utilize your sense of urgency to prioritize tasks effectively.
Qualification and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of development experience with at least five years in cloud environments working with Java, C#, C/C++
- 7+ years leading multiple Agile teams and programs with expert understanding of Agile and Lean principles.
- 3+ years of experience in driving full DevOps software development and engineering practices.
- Experience building and managing new Engineering teams.
- Experience in implementing both Cloud/SaaS Solutions & On-Premise Solutions.
- Diverse experience with a broad range of application development platforms, technologies, middleware, frameworks, and programming languages.
- Proven ability to manage multiple product lines and meeting aggressive release schedules.
- Strong technical vision and continuous improvement drive.
- Experience creating, reviewing, and negotiating statements of work with suppliers.
- Previous experience managing global engineering teams and suppliers.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.