Technical Support Engineer
- Raleigh, NC, USA
insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
As a Technical Support Engineer at insightsoftware, you are the first line of support for our growing customer base and users of our software. You will be responsible for providing a superior level of support for our customers, working to troubleshoot, document, and resolve technical issues and partnering cross-functionally with our client services and development teams to ensure quality service. If you are driven, results-oriented, love solving problems, customer-focused, and are passionate about technology, then you are a fit for the Technical Support Engineer position at our company.
What will you do?
- Manage large amounts of incoming emails regarding software support
- Interact with customers, partners, and software developers to provide advice and assistance and achieve customer satisfaction
- Identify, analyze, and document product bugs and fixes relating to reporting, databases, application servers, and new technologies for product management and engineering teams
- Complete or assist with customer product installs as needed
- Meet personal Productivity, Efficiency, and Quality metrics
- Prioritize and resolve issues of the highest technical and business severity
- Handle customer complaints and provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within time limits; follow up to ensure resolution including identifying workarounds and communicating those to customers
- Keep accurate records of customer interactions by documenting them in Salesforce
- Create and maintain customer-facing and internal Jet Reports software knowledge articles
insightsoftware is closely monitoring the outbreak of respiratory illness caused by the SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus (COVID-19).
For the health and safety of our team members and prospective future team members, we will be conducting all job interviews remotely until further notice. The health and safety of our team members and prospective future team members is our top priority and we appreciate your understanding.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline: Engineering, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems preferred
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and critical-thinking skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Business Central, or other ERP databases
- Experience with software and/or database languages
- Prior experience in a technical support role within a Windows environment
- Experience using Salesforce and WebEx
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.