- 8529 Six Forks Rd Suite 400, Raleigh, NC
- Employees can work remotely
insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
insightsoftware is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to be a key member of the Technical Accounting team for this fast-growing financial technology company based in Raleigh, North Carolina. You will play a critical role in achieving insightsoftware's mission by contributing and executing day-to-day technical accounting activities including purchase accounting, leases, debt modification, and equity accounting. This position requires a strong knowledge of accounting principles and accounting functions from both a detailed and big-picture perspective.
What will you do?
- Assist in technical accounting areas including purchase accounting, leases, debt modification, and equity accounting
- Perform analysis to support ASC 842 implementation adjustments
- Prepare year-end technical accounting memos as needed
Support the month-end closing process, conducting research and making correcting journal entries
- Assist with special projects related to new technical accounting pronouncements
- Assist with the preparation of the year-end financial statements under US GAAP
How will you do it?
- Organization and Planning – Plan, organize, schedule, and budget in an efficient, productive manner; focus on key priorities
- Drive and Discipline – Operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a focus on getting the job done
- Enthusiasm – Exhibit passion and excitement and embrace a can-do attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in accounting or related field
- 3+ years of accounting experience including public accounting experience, preferable with a Big 4 or large international public accounting firm
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and proven technical research and application skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with all levels both within and outside the company
- Master’s in accounting or business administration
- Experience with purchase accounting, particularly in the software industry
- Experience with NetSuite and SalesForce
- CPA or CMA
- Power user of excel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.