Senior Director, DevOps
- Raleigh, NC, USA
Insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
We’re looking for a talented DevOps Senior Director to lead a group of teams responsible for the design, development, and operation of automated build, deployment and environment provisoning systems. You will drive continuous integration and delivery improvements throughout our class-leading suite of Enterprise Performance Management products that serve the office of the CFO in companies across the world. You will also lead the Cloud Operations for our SaaS products with an emphasis on strong operational maturity and automation to drive problem avoidance.
A deep passion for your craft and proven leadership experience in the DevOps arena is what will distinguish you above others. A proven results-oriented leader with a delivery focus and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment with thrive here at insightsoftware.
We enjoy our work as much as we enjoy working together and want Leaders who can get things done while having a positive influence on our workplace environment. The successful candidate must have a passion for DevOps & Cloud Operations, deeply care about security, quality, technical standards, and be committed to continuous improvement. You will be working in a fast paced and growing environment where your expertise and experience will play a critical role within the company.
- Recruit and manage DevOps teams across multiple product lines that excel at applying industry best practices
- Drive automation for CI/CD processes across different tech stacks and cloud providers
- Develop and nurture continuous improvement mindset across your group
- Develop and support automated, scalable solutions to deploy and manage our global infrastructure
- Maintain and improve the use of automation tools for infrastructure provisioning, configuration, and deployment
- Work with development and operations personnel to define CloudOps processes, introduce new ideas and technologies so that we can stay on the cutting edge
- Provide guidance and expertise on system options, risk and impact management, as well as cost vs. benefit analysis
- Uphold and ensure security requirements for tooling, systems, and environments are met and protect the assets of the company and our customers
- Lead troubleshooting of system and performance problems in Prod/QA/Dev environments
- Identify improvements to reduce technical debt
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 5+ years’ experience as a DevOps leader managing multiple teams with a passion for automation and continuous improvement.
- 5+ years of technical experience with significant personal capabilities in AWS and/or Azure Cloud
- 3+ years experience in operational management of SaaS production applications
- Strong experience in building and managing cohesive distributed teams
- Experience managing teams using Scrum or other Agile project frameworks
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Strong in the use of continuous integration and delivery processes and tools including Jenkins, SaltStack, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker/Kubernetes or equivalent
- Skilled in implementing and executing processes to create and fully maintain automated CI /CD pipelines for code deployments
- Proficient in automation using Batch, Powershell, Ruby, Python, or shell scripts
- Experience with a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Systems engineering skills in configuring and managing both Windows and Linux Systems
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria
- Excellent written communication, problem solving, and process management skills
- Must live in the Raleigh area or willing to relocate
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.