- Raleigh, NC, USA
Insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
We are looking for a Product Owner to join our Product Management team at our headquarters office located in Raliegh, NC. As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for fully understanding and analyzing both internal and external customer needs and then articulating those needs to the development team via user stories. You’ll work closely with an agile team of Software and Quality Engineers and serve as the interface between our customers and the development team throughout the planning and software development process. You will collaborate closely with internal customers (Product Management, Engineering, Support, Customer Success) and external customers to understand business processes/goals and identify business problems that may be effectively resolved with technology solutions. Working closely with Product Managers on requirements definition, documenting proposed software solutions, and maintaining a prioritized backlog of issues. The ideal candidate should be highly collaborative with the ability to lead cross-functionally and inspire our teams while remaining focused on results and value creation. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. This role provides a great opportunity to partner with our technical teams to define, build, and deliver our software solutions to a diverse group of customers.
What will you do?
- Integrate into the agile development team to drive successful product delivery and serve as the voice of the customer
- Collaborate with Product Managers to formulate our product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Work closely with Product Managers creating, reviewing, refining epics, features, stories and acceptance criteria to create and maintain a product backlog of maximum value that is aligned with product strategy
- Organize and refine feature requests, prioritize enhancements with Product Managers, and assist in managing the product roadmap.
- Own the product backlog, balancing conflicting priorities to determine prioritization
- Own the release planning and sprint planning processes, including setting release and sprint goals, and successfully delivering on those goals
- Provide an active role in mitigating risks and issues impacting successful team completion of release and sprint goals
- Ensuring acceptance criteria are met with the current release and conducting sprint reviews from a business/customer perspective.
- Producing documentation with Product Managers and Marketing to support development, launch, support, services, and sales and marketing initiatives
- Performing detailed product demonstrations for external and internal audiences to communicate the benefits of the solution
- Serving as a subject matter expert to assist with sales and support as needed
How will you do it?
- Drive & Grit – Operate in a fast-paced environment with a focus and determination to achieve high-quality results
- Strategic Thinker – determine opportunities and threats through a comprehensive analysis of current and future trends with the ability to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way
- Product Focus – Translate market and customer feedback into requirements, driving product delivery through an agile release process
- Customer Focused – passionate about creating value for our customers
- Cross-functional leadership – Lead and drive execution across Development, Product Management, Support, and Customer Success
Are you a fit?
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven success in product ownership or management roles
- Experience with agile software development practices (e.g., scrum, Kanban, Lean Agile) and tools
- Proven ability to negotiate a backlog with engineers and senior leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities and make critical decisions
- Certifications: Agile, Pragmatic Marketing, Project Management, Scrum Product Owner
- Experience in partnering with UX teams to design great solutions
- Experience with ERP reporting or business intelligence products
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.