Tax Manager - EMEA
- London Borough of Ealing, UK
- Employees can work remotely
insightsoftware is seeking a Tax Manager to prepare and manage all aspects of its EMEA tax compliance, from filing VAT returns to interfacing with external auditors/tax advisors on tax and legal compliance. The Tax Manager will work closely with the Global Tax Controller on M&A due diligence, strategic initiatives, and legal entity rationalization projects.
The Company environment is dynamic and fast-paced. The successful candidate will be a multi-dimensional thinker who is willing to engage in whatever task comes their way.
- Manage ongoing tax and legal compliance for EMEA entities in the British Isles, Continental Europe, and the Nordics, including
- Filing EU VAT Returns, ESL reports, and annual account filings
- Working with tax advisors on the preparation of income tax returns
- Gathering information for statutory audits & working with external auditors on timely filings
- Maintain historical tax records that comply with each region’s document retention policies
- Assist accounting, HR, sales, with researching and answering EMEA tax questions
- Work with Global Tax Controller on legal entity rationalization project as relates to EMEA
- Work with other members of the tax department to onboard new acquisitions
- Help with quarterly transfer pricing bookings and tax account reconciliations
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies across areas of organizational responsibility
- Oversee projects such as entity closures, nexus studies, tax planning initiatives, and technology and process improvements as relates to EMEA.
- Master's degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- Chartered Certified Accountant/CPA required.
- 3-7+ years’ experience with Big 4 or relevant industry experience preferred.
- Prior experience with external auditors and the ability to manage audit and tax requests
- Self-starter with strong project management skills
- Firm understanding of tax compliance process and ability to educate others.
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize as situations change.
- Strong research and communication skills
- Ability to manage and progress on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with Netsuite a plus
- Bilingual speaker preferred. Must speak English.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.