- Ntinda Complex Block B 3rd Floor, Kampala, Uganda, Uganda
The Innovation Village is a destination entrepreneurs call home. We believe that every idea that could transform society should be given an opportunity to see what that idea could become.
Have you ever considered a career working with startups? Startup culture is high energy, your ticket to being a problem solver, attracts the best minds around and lets you fast-track your career with high-growth teams. Startup culture gives you the flexibility to explore emerging technologies and test your limits along the way.
We enable organisations to work with entrepreneurs, capture new value from digital—creating products, experiences, and businesses. We bring together a community where people can design, prototype, test, scale and launch imaginative and solutions to big challenges - together.
Join us and help solve the future—we can't wait to meet you
Lead our custom incubation platform designed to drive breakout growth by building a portfolio of new ventures. Our venture building has a unique advantage in the market, marrying the resources of our growing partnerships and ecosystem, the custom Innovation Village CDA methodology, the data, assets and market knowledge from our previous experience.
You will work with our corporate partners to generate ideas, validate and incubate them in market, and ultimately build new, innovative businesses that address customer frictions and take advantage of new opportunities across 10 industries. Your work will create game changing ventures while promoting a truly entrepreneurial mindset, and creating a culture of fearless reinvention.
If you have the passion, tenacity, and curiosity to build innovative businesses from the ground up, we invite you to join our mission.
How you will make a difference.
- Build a Venture team consisting of world-class entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, and product and technology experts..
- Provide overall guidance and support to individual ventures in the areas of operating infrastructure and operational stand-up. Your expertise will enable our ventures to set up and scale rapidly into high performing start-ups.
- Develop our playbook on infrastructure and set-up for scale in new ventures
- Develop a methodology and operational playbook to build foundational legal, finance and business operations to support the growth and scale efforts of new businesses
- Lead team responsible for standing up all general business operations for new ventures in a scalable way
- Manage a team that evaluates and defines business requirements for new startup companies to provide recommendations on appropriate processes, systems and equipment
- Oversee and develop business operations capabilities in new ventures, which includes operational stand-up of HR, finance/accounting, legal/compliance, IT, and facilities
- Oversee and develop customer operations capabilities in new ventures, which includes customer onboarding, training, proactive account management and reactive support
- Research new and disruptive tools and vendors, providing recommendations for a portfolio of solutions for incremental stages to support scale
- 4+ years of senior business operations experience within high-growth, startups
- A proven track record of implementing successful systems for people and business operations, preferably in an early-stage startup environmen
- Strong working knowledge of operational infrastructure areas including customer onboarding, accounting and how to develop scalable processe
- Expert project management skills and familiarity with common tech-forward project-management tools
- You are bold, appreciate direct and open conversation and collaborate freely with your supervisor
- You value freedom, actively drive your work and department and enjoy taking initiative to suggest and won improvement and change projects
- You easily fit into a youthful and informal work culture
- You are collaborative and know to listen to other’s point of view finding common ground.