Global Logistics Coordinator
- 800 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91101, USA
Innova Medical Group, Inc. delivers better global health outcomes with its deep expertise in testing and unique offerings in diagnostic medical devices and services that help tackle some of the world’s most challenging healthcare problems. INNOVA specializes in innovative screening, testing and diagnostics for cancer, heart disease, arterial calcification, stroke, and virus detection focused on infectious diseases.
In response to the global pandemic, INNOVA developed an end-to-end ecosystem of rapid diagnostic and screening tests, along with digital reporting and tracing applications to help organizations manage the COVID-19 crisis. In 2020, INNOVA delivered more than 220+ million COVID-19 test kits to over 20 countries around the globe, including the United Kingdom, Hungary, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, and Myanmar.
As a leader in the research and development of in-vitro diagnostic reagents and test kits, INNOVA has improved lives with testing, monitoring, and implementing medical care. Innova Medical Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pasaca Capital, Inc. and is headquartered in Pasadena, CA.
The Global Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the shipment of medical products to global and domestic destinations. This includes understanding commodity classification and Global Harmonized System codes, plus tracking shipments, and ensuring accurate documentation is secured for customs clearance. This position involves interaction with various internal department personnel and managers as well as external vendors such as Foreign and Domestic Customs Brokers/Carriers, and Freight Forwarders. The applicant must possess good written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand and comply with rules and regulations or restrictions, if any, specific to domestic and foreign destinations, including Drop Shipments from Foreign Origins to Foreign Destinations.
- Understand and comply with commodity classifications, specifically T
- Understand and comply with Global INCOTERMS.
- Understand and process Drop Shipments from foreign origin to foreign destinations.
- Schedule ocean, air bookings, or small package international couriers to fulfill new or replenishment orders.
- Maintain log to track shipments accurately so that trigger dates for inventory management, movement and billing are met and reported accurately.
- Provide necessary information and documentation to warehouses, freight forwarders, and customs brokers to effectively coordinate the timely delivery of shipments.
- Prepare necessary shipping documents or work with customer service personnel to ensure that all customs clearance requirements are met.
- Coordinate prepayment of customs clearance fees.
- Procure bids on all shipping lanes.
- Effectively communicate with various internal departments to ensure product availability, adherence to quality control guidelines and packaging standards.
- Ensure that required shipping documents are on file and maintained for the specified audit requirement period.
- Other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager and/or VP of Operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Flexibility and initiative.
- Must be detailed-oriented and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time, efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong problem-solving skills, demonstrates a sense of urgency, consistently delivers on commitments, and takes initiative.
- Ability to make decisions and stand behind decision made.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and in a high-volume and changing environment.
- Flexibility and initiative.
- Strong customer service orientation
- College or Associate Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in shipping and logistics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Commodity Classification Knowledge
- ERP Proficiency Preferred
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a team as well as work independently as necessary.
- Willingness to assist with special tasks and projects as assigned.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate needs to be legally authorized to work in the United States.
This job may be subject to a background check, consistent with State and local law, including where applicable the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the California Fair Chance Act.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.