Product Marketing Manager
- 99 City Rd, London, UK
- Level: Employee - Standard
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Marketing and Communications Office:
The Chief Marketing and Communications Office is accountable for marketing, communications, public relations and government affairs across the group. This critical function is focused on building the Inmarsat brand, driving marketing lead generation, communicating both internally and externally and ensuring a favourable policy environment.
Primary role purpose:
The Product Marketing Manager is a brand-new role to support and/or lead strategic product marketing initiatives and build out the newly created product marketing function on behalf of one of the UK’s leading Space and Satellite companies.
This highly cross-functional role provides an exciting opportunity to work with stakeholders from across the organisation. You will be collaborating closely with Product, Commercial, Marketing, and Sales teams to support the development of powerful, creative, and clear positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategies, ensuring the voice of the customer is heard and used in all aspects of defining and developing our offering.
Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing as part of the Chief Marketing and Communications Office, this role requires an experienced product marketer who is excited by product-led growth, passionate about taking complex ideas and translating them, likes to develop and push their own ideas and be an empathetic team player who loves to collaborate with others.
- Building with the Director of Product Marketing a best practice approach for creating high-quality, customer centric marketing assets that communicates the value proposition, and drives target audience engagement.
- Working closely with the Director of Product Marketing to introduce and implement the frameworks, processes, governance, and templates that can be adopted to drive greater customer centricity in the development, launch and growth of our products and services in the market.
- Developing positioning and messaging for high-profile corporate led initiatives to support our business unit’s growth aspirations, demonstrating clarity in our understanding of how our customers think, and the narrative we want to tell.
- Participating in the end-to-end go-to-market launches that support the delivery of the Business Unit’s (BU) strategic objectives where appropriate, working closely with marketing managers, sales teams and external agencies to build the strategies and drive commercial outcomes.
- Understanding and articulating technical concepts and translating these into compelling, commercial, customer focussed communications that are easy to digest for our Prospects, Customers and Partners.
- Ensuring all materials created provide a unique differentiation versus our competition.
- Working effectively with Sales, Business Units, Market Intelligence and Product functions to ensure inputs from these respective teams are captured before materials are produced.
- Ensuring all activities are delivered on time and within budget, and make a measurable contribution to the organisation’s commercial targets.
- Reporting on return on investment and marketing effectiveness, making recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Sharing in the accountability for quarterly business goals through support of the marketing and sales teams.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Significant product marketing experience or related experience in a B2B environment, ideally from the telecom or IT industry
- Proven track record of executing successful product launches, value proposition and product positioning and messaging development
- Experience and confidence in building and applying Product Marketing techniques in a B2B organisation
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with ability to translate complex ideas into simple and engaging messages
- Experience building relationships across organisations and creating a collaborative environment with multiple stakeholders, particularly product management and marketing
- Strong analytical skills, accustomed to using data and insights to make decisions and produce compelling customer-focused content
- Proficient MS Office skills Incl. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Educated to degree level
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in the mobile satellite or telecommunications industry
- Experience of working in a fast-paced matrix organisation
- Able to deal with ambiguity, and handle risk and uncertainty
- Desire to own and refine key operational processes
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer – Providing a unique value to our customers
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do