Senior Analyst Developer - Integration Services
- 34 Glencoe Dr, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4P6, Canada
- Level: Employee - Standard
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security and Group IT
Primary role purpose:
The Senior Analyst Developer will be responsible for application integration development which will include the design and implementation of microservices in a distributed container architecture and associated middleware components. This resource will be involved in all phases of the full systems life cycle, and be responsible for assisting with low-level design, coding, automated testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting various integrations.
As a senior role the successful candidate will require technical leadership skills, providing guidance and mentoring to junior staff and overseeing any development carried out by Third Party suppliers. Candidates must be passionate about innovative software development, eager to implement and advance both their own and the team’s knowledge of cutting-edge technologies, and have proven ability to deliver quality software.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the current and emerging technologies that will support Inmarsat in delivering quality solutions
- Maintain an understanding of Inmarsat's enterprise business and IT architecture strategies
- Support the development of early project visions and business cases by estimating costs and delivery timelines based on high-level solution designs
- Work with business systems analysts and solution designers from other delivery teams to understand the overall solution requirements
- Translate business/system requirements and high-level designs into system interface and integration workflow specifications
- Design, implementation and unit testing of integration workflows
- Provide subject matter expertise to:
- Support and mentor junior members of the team
- Oversee and quality assure any development carried out by Third Party suppliers
- Collaborate with Test Analysts in defining and executing suitable test scenarios
- Support operational teams in problem resolution activities
- Participation in development of the integration team, contributing to reviews of methodologies, standards and processes
- Ability to work under limited supervision with only guidance about overall goals and objectives
- Help enhance and maintain the CI and Continuous Delivery (CD) toolset
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
The candidate must be able to demonstrate advanced skills and knowledge at the depth and scope required for the position.
- 10+ years’ experience in IT solution delivery roles
- 5+ years' experience developing Java-based application server or ESB/SOA/BPM middleware layers
- Experience in the use of XML and JSON messaging standards (JSON, JSON Schema, XML Schema, XSLT, STX, DOM, SAX, and similar technologies)
- Proven ability to build complex systems using web services standards like REST, WSDL, SOAP or similar technologies
- Proficient in at least one object oriented programming language (Java, C#, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Enterprise Design Patterns
- Solid understanding of web service and API design, development and maintenance
- Experience with source code control tools like Git, GitHub etc.
- Expert understanding of merging, branching, versioning, labelling and managing the release of production code
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications
- Ability to interact comfortably with the other members of a large, geographically dispersed team
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Java Certification or other relevant qualifications
- Experience in container development using Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience in the use of the JetBrains IntelliJ IDE, Eclipse IDE or JBoss Developer Toolkit
- Programming experience in at least one scripting language
- Working experience with at least one defect tracking system
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Knowledge of telecommunications Business Support Systems and network architectures
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do