Junior Analyst Developer
- 34 Glencoe Dr, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4P6, Canada
- Level: Employee - Standard
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions from Satellite Operations to Customer Service and Service Delivery, Network Operations and Service Assurance to Group IT, One IT, Cyber Security and the Digital office.
Primary role purpose:
The Analyst Developer with be responsible for application integration development, under the guidance of senior developers, to deliver integration services and other utility tools that would benefit integration development. This candidate will be involved in all phases of the full systems life cycle to get an understanding of real world development and be responsible for assisting with coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting various integrations.
The candidate should be passionate about innovative software development, eager to implement and advance their knowledge of cutting-edge technologies, and willing to immerse themselves in modern development practices such as DevOps, CI/CD, Lean and Agile.
- Develop an understanding of the current and emerging technologies that will support the centre of excellences in delivering quality solutions.
- Develop and unit test integration services on the OpenShift Platform.
- Participation in team discussions and ask questions to the team to increase their knowledge and potential challenge the thinking of senior resources.
- Contributing to reviews of methodologies, standards and processes and code reviews of delivered code.
- Ability to work under limited supervision with only guidance about overall goals and objectives.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
The candidate must be able to demonstrate skills and knowledge at the depth and scope required for the position.
- Bachelor degree or technical diploma within a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- 1+ years’ experience in IT solution delivery roles
- 1+ years’ experience developing Java-based application server or ESB/SOA/BPM middleware layers.
- Command of XML standards and experience in their application (XML Schema, XSLT, STX, DOM, SAX, and similar technologies.
- Aptitude to build complex systems using web services standards like WSDL, SOAP, REST or similar technologies.
- Experience in at least one object oriented programming language (Java, C#, etc.)
- Understanding of Enterprise Design Patterns
- Understanding of API design, development and maintenance.
- Experience with source code control tools like Git, GitHub etc.
- Understanding of merging, branching, versioning, labelling and managing the release of production code
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications
- Ability to interact comfortably with the other members of a large, geographically dispersed team
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Java Certification or other relevant qualifications
- Experience in container development in Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience of the Eclipse IDE or JBoss Developer Toolkit
- Programming experience in at least one non scripting language
- Working experience of one defect tracking system
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience working in ‘Agile’ teams
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do