- 99 City Rd, Old Street, London EC1Y 1BJ, UK
- Level: Employee - Standard
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 10 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security, Group IT and Real Estate & Facilities.
Primary role purpose:
At Inmarsat we use data in every part of our business to innovate and lead the market. We have one of the most sophisticated mobile satellite networks and it generates huge data volumes every single day. Key to our strategy is our data platform which is designed and built by a small team of Agile Data Engineers. This role will solve business problems by building data driven products on the data platform.
You will; be self-organising; passionate about coding and developing data driven products; iterate quickly and not be afraid to try new things. You want to evolve the tech stack and really drive forward the organisations maturity. You will have a deep interest in data, cloud and automation. You want the chance to really shape things and make a big difference to the team and the organisation.
Attitude is as important as experience, the ideal candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm, passion, commitment and a real desire to move upwards and develop their career at Inmarsat. In return we will provide a structured development plan and room to grow.
- Design re-usable data patterns and Implement data pipelines to ingest, transform and present data
- Work with other software engineers, data analysts, data scientists, and decision-makers, such as product owners, to build solutions and generate insights
- Share technical and domain knowledge of data with other Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Analysts
- Contribute to the development of the strategy for ingestion, transformation and presentation of data
- Development of data driven products
- Development of the data platform including support and monitoring
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of current and emerging technologies that will support the team in delivering quality solutions
- Work in cross-functional agile teams with an end-to-end responsibility for product development
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience ingesting and transforming complex datasets and applying business logic in line with business requirements
- Degree in a related Data Science or Computer Science related discipline
- Hands on coding experience in some of the following technologies – SQL, Spark, Kafka, Python, Unix shell scripting, Java
- Knowledge of Google Cloud (BigQuery, DataProc, DataFlow, Composer)
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, Cloud Builder)
- Able to solve problems autonomously and describe complex datasets and logic to other stakeholders
- Source code control tools such as Git
- Agile Experience using Scrum or Kanban
Desirable Knowledge and skills:
- Experience with tools such as Tableau and Alteryx
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do