Full Stack Developer
- 99 City Road, London, United Kingdom
- Level: Employee - Standard
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 10 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security, Group IT and Real Estate & Facilities.
Primary role purpose:
As a Full Stack Developer within the Data Solutions team, you will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, deployment, maintenance, and evolution of our monitoring and reporting toolset.
These rich tools enable our users to visualise the vast array of data traversing our satellite networks, providing insights into the quality of service being delivered as well as how our satellite connectivity service is being utilised by the end customers.
The performance of the tools and the accuracy of the information they provide is of critical importance to not only Service Delivery, Marketing, and Strategic teams across the business, but also by our customers, suppliers and partners. You will regularly engage with the relevant stakeholders and work to ensure these tools continually perform well, meet our current and future business goals, and remain fit for purpose.
- Participating in the design and creation of scalable software
- Eliciting and capturing requirements from key stakeholders
- Writing clean, functional code on the front-end and back-end
- Developing and designing RESTful services and APIs
- Testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues
- Ensuring that non-functional requirements such as security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability are considered when designing solutions.
- Writing technical documentation
- Working together with data scientists, data engineers and analysts both within the team and across the business
- Maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Resolving complex issues that may impact multiple business areas
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing responsive and secure web applications
- Familiar with relational databases (e.g. Postgres), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Familiar with Linux and bash scripting
- Experience in API design and development.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins, Travis, etc.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, system design and algorithms
- Knowledge of the Agile methodology
- Willingness to work outside of area of expertise
- Comfortable with working independently and taking ownership
- The ability to communicate across organisational boundaries and manage stakeholders
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong planning and organisational skills, good time management, with the ability to manage and prioritise own workload and to deal with urgent deadlines and changes to requirements
- Logical approach to problem solving, and an analytical mind
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiar with UI/UX design principles
- A passion for developing creative solutions to real user needs and business problems
- Comfortable with coaching members in the team
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do