Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Developer
- 34 Glencoe Dr, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4P6, Canada
- Level: Employee - Standard
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions from Satellite Operations to Customer Service and Service Delivery, Network Operations and Service Assurance to Group IT, One IT, Cyber Security and the Digital office.
Primary role purpose:
As part of establishing a Process Automation Centre of Excellence (COE), the RPA Developer will use RPA technology to create artificial intelligence or software ’robots’ to perform automated tasks. More specifically the role will work directly with other RPA team members and business stakeholders to transform their business challenges into automated solutions thru the design, build, troubleshooting and implementation of RPA solutions. The goal of which is to make the targeted process areas across Inmarsat more effective and efficient.
The role will require you to analyze the targeted process opportunities and utilizing various RPA tools and technologies such as UI Automation, UIPath and others to set up and analyze automated processes. The RPA developer will also use these tools to analyze the processes and check whether they can be automated and where relevant use this information to design the necessary automation.
- Participate in project teams through all phases of the Robotic Process Automation life cycle.
- Efficiently design & build the instructions to automate the business workflows assigned.
- Identify opportunities to design & build common / reusable BP objects, implement these objects, and document them so they can be easily used & understood by other team members.
- Identify opportunities to design & build utilities that support better, faster & cheaper robot training instructions, implement these utilities, and document them so they can be easily used & understood by other team members.
- Utilize backlog management tools (i.e. JIRA) and track progress on tasks / stories and update in a timely manner.
- Script and code in the selected RPA tools to resolve automation issues
- Configure new automation with efficient and easily understandable automation tools
- Document the automation procedures
- Investigate and document better practices/alternative solutions that could be used in future development
- Develop and document RPA configuration best practices, configure new RPA processes and objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with web development technologies - C# and/or Java, html, CSS, Microsoft Technologies (VB .NET, Windows, Internet Explorer, SQL Server, Web Services) and scripting languages (e.g., python, perl, powershell, bash, vbs, etc.)
- Experience with RPA Software (e.g. UI Path) advantageous
- Willingness to learn and become an expert in RPA and other automation technologies
- Must be able to multitask and willing to work on multiple projects at a given time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable interacting with business stakeholders
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage expectations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to build positive relationships with business stakeholders and team members
- Bachelor's degree or technical diploma with an IT related field from a recognized post-secondary institution. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- 2 or more years of experience
This role can be located in either London, UK or St. John's, Canada. You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Deadline to submit applications is September 25th, 2020.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do