Solution Designer - ServiceNow
- 34 Glencoe Drive, St John's, Canada
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over thirty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 13 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat plc is a FTSE listed company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions from Satellite Operations to Customer Service and Service Delivery, Network Operations and Service Assurance to Group IT, One IT, Cyber Security and the Digital office.
At Inmarsat we are currently delivering a multi-million dollar program to transform how we interact and support our customers in Service Delivery and Billing. This is using industry wide technologies such as Sigma, Salesforce and ServiceNow, as well as Telco specific products like SingleView and Nokia.
In this challenging and exciting environment there is an incredible opportunity to grow and develop your knowledge, while also being part of a growing solution design team that is transforming how Inmarsat operates in the digital world. This is covering people processes, tools and technologies.
We want to attract the brightest and best people possible, we are committed to developing and retaining our people.
As a Solution Designer you will work closely with business stakeholders, users and analysts to understand what challenges the business are trying to resolve, enabling you to produce solutions and designs that follow industry and technology best practices, add real business value and meet the needs of the business. It will also be your responsibility to work with the development teams to ensure what is delivered meets your designs and thus satisfies the business needs. You will ensure that that all designs meet the standards set by the relevant governance forums.
We are looking for a Solution Designer to join Inmarsat and focus in the Serve the Customer, Assure Service and IT Services business capabilities. You will have experience in designing ServiceNow driven solutions that cover Customer Service Management, IT Service Management, IT Operations Management and IT Business Management. You are business focused in your solution designs, working collaboratively.
- Provide design and thought leadership within the solution design team to convert business requirements and needs into coherent solution designs utilizing the capabilities of the ServiceNow Platform. Working within the Solution Design Framework provided by the Enterprise Architecture team, this will be focused around Serve the Customer, Assure Service and IT Services business capabilities
- Mentor, develop and support team members in delivering sustainable solution designs in a consistent and structured way that deliver business outcomes
- Establish an efficient collaborative working relationship with the business stakeholders, technical teams, delivery teams and third parties
- Work with business stakeholders to understand requirements during the conceptual stage with a view to exploit best practices and core features of the processes and technology deployed
- Proactively support the business in designing new products and services so that they use core features available within the core solutions. Thus minimizing the need for customization and development leading to faster to market products
- Identify and understand the integration & customization points of the end to end solutions, ensuring that the Solution Design is registered into the Inmarsat Reference Library and has been reviewed through the appropriate governance forum
- Provide oversight to project resources and contribute to concurrent projects
- Work with the development teams to ensure what is delivered meets your designs
- Work with the IT Infrastructure, Delivery team and the Corporate Network team to create suitable and specific environments as required
- Provide advice and guidance to the operational support teams as appropriate
- Keep abreast of new industry developments and gain an understanding on how new and emerging technologies are being deployed by carriers
- Partner with key internal and external stakeholders to analyse documented business and operational requirements to determine the best solution that meets the business needs
- Analyze and assess requirements to identify upstream and downstream system and process impacts to proactively communicate impacts, risks, and solutions to other technology and business owners
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of the ServiceNow Platform
- Excellent knowledge of Customer Service Management and IT Service Management
- Excellent knowledge of Telecom industry
- Demonstrate significant experience in producing solution designs for complex transformation projects in telecommunications
- Demonstrate experience designing solutions on the ServiceNow Platform
- Experience in design and delivering complex integrated solution across multiple technologies
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills, coupled with a logical, disciplined and structured approach to documentation and procedures
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision, while participating fully as a member of the Solution Design team
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Flexible and dynamic personality
- Excellent spoken and written communication. Assertive and confident raising action points with senior individuals.
- Experience/knowledge of a range of technical platforms and solutions
- Experience of working in a highly augmented environment with multiple partners and suppliers
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- ServiceNow Recognised Certifications
- Six Sigma
- Agile methods
- Sigma OM, Sigma CPQ, Sigma Catalogue
- Nokia (Comptel) Provisioning & Activation (Order Hub, OpenAM, Order Management, Catalogue, etc)
- DevOps, CI/CD (Git/Jenkins)
- XML, XLST and WSDL
- JSON and OpenAPIs/Swagger/RAML
- Cloud computing and deployment technologies including AWS EC2, RDS, S3, IAM
- Modelling languages such as Archimate and UML
- Model Driven Software Architecture
- TM Forum Standards (SID)
- Kubernetes and Openshift experience
You must be eligible to work in the location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do