- 9310 Kirby Drive, Houston, TX
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over thirty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 13 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat plc is a FTSE listed company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions from Satellite Operations to Customer Service and Service Delivery, Network Operations and Service Assurance to Group IT, One IT, Cyber Security and the Digital office.
Primary Purpose of Role:
- Acting as the lead in all VSAT related projects, the VSAT Project Manager is responsible for all technical documentation, coordination and execution of VSAT related products.
- Acts as the lead in the delivery of all VSAT related products by coordinating the execution of integration of VSAT equipment through multiple departments.
- Build working relationship with Sales and Engineering teams for the development of innovative and comprehensive response to RFQs and RFPs.]
- Engage the customer and corresponding sales team as necessary to gather and obtain project-specific requirements and information.
- Coordinate with Engineering on the development and delivery of project drawings, configurations & technical details.
- Verify all Engineering documentation will meet or exceed the technical requirements of the customer.
- Maintain and adhere to ISO policies procedures and protocol defined by Quality Assurance.
- Provide clear and concise oral and written communications and explanations of technical topics to; customers, ship owners and sales teams.
- Provide weekly comprehensive reports pertaining to the execution and integration of VSAT Projects.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- 4-5 years as lead of VSAT equipment integration.
- Bachelors degree, engineering qualification, or technical diploma within an IT related field from a recognized post-secondary institution. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Previous project management experience in a satellite communications company.
- Previous experience liaising with Value Added Resellers/Distribution Partners as part of the project delivery.
- Firm understanding of RF networks, VSAT terminals, VLANS, VPNs, VoIP, WAN, LAN, Wifi and wireless communications technologies.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with ability to build relationships with technical, business and senior management stakeholders.
- A high degree of organisation skill with excellent attention to detail.
- An ability to work under pressure against short timescales.
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Closing date for applications: February 22, 2019
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
· Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
· Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
· Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do