- 99 City Rd, London EC1Y 1BJ, UK
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over thirty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 13 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat plc is a FTSE listed company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Finance Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Finance Office (CFO) processes millions of transactions a month that enable us to interact efficiently with our suppliers, customers, trading partners and regulators. We make sure that the Company is properly funded and well controlled, that our taxes are paid and that shareholders and banks continue to support our plans. Our commercial teams help ensure that the business takes sound decisions through robust planning, careful pricing, sound contracts, skilled procurement and rigorous evaluation of every major business decision.
Primary role purpose:
The purpose of the role is to take requirements from the revenue assurance senior manager and analysts and deliver automated revenue assurance controls utilising the existing tool set to provide coverage and mitigate risk across all revenue products, to enable this you will need to work with the team and wider business to secure the required data ultimately building a revenue assurance data repository
- A strong data analyst that possesses exceptional data management expertise with a high calibre of communication and presentation skills is essential
- Work with the team and wider business to deliver new revenue assurance controls to meet our existing pipeline schedule
- Review existing controls with the aim to automate and increase the frequency of control runs, while ensuring accuracy and completeness of the controls
- Development of a revenue assurance data repository
- Development and delivery of E2E traffic controls to ensure completeness
- Identifying possible root causes, trends and issues and escalate as appropriate
- Identify opportunities for revenue recovery and assist with implementation
- Advise on requirements and make suggestions for 2nd line controls
- Work in collaboration with the team to deliver our 2019 objectives and KPIs
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Clear, demonstrable and extensive experience of end to end Revenue Assurance within the telecommunication and / or satellite sector, including associated Risk Management tools
- Strong business acumen with previous exposure to finance & data, an agile and solution-based team player, who can interpret data, advise and solve
- Excellent analytical skills including advanced SQL and a proven track record of control automation
- Experience of end to end traffic assurance processes and controls
- Working knowledge of databases, data structures and reporting systems (ETL knowledge ideal)
- Ability to prioritise and work on multiple projects
- Clear communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate strongly with all areas of the business, but specifically with finance, commercial, IT and product teams
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience using google data lakes and associated tools for reporting and automation
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning model experience
- Demonstrable commensurate experience in a revenue assurance environment
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
· Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
· Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
· Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do