- Hong Kong
- Position Titles: Facade Consultant
Inhabit is a unique, multi-disciplinary team of professionals who are passionate about making a positive contribution to our built environment. We are a collective of experienced architects, designers, engineers amongst other professions who work both independently and in partnership to form a holistic approach to the services that we offer. We believe that our respective areas of expertise can be integrated to allow seamless interdisciplinary synergy to create buildings that are more relevant to our evolving society.
As our Hong Kong office continues to grow, undertaking new projects with some of Asia’s most prestigious and well respected architecture firms and clients, we are seeking an experienced Façade Consultant to work with our Hong Kong design team. This role will see you working closely with architects, developers and our Hong Kong team to assist in the design, tendering, procurement and construction of world class projects whilst also developing your own personal skills in design, engineering and materials. This opportunity is ideal for a highly motivated façade designer who values integrity, professional experience and wants to be part of a growing business.
The role involves
- Attending meetings with clients and architects to discuss project details.
- Developing façade system concepts based on architectural design.
- Reviewing shop drawings and calculations from contractors.
- Project management and administration on a daily basis.
- Attending site/factory/mock-up test inspections and produce detailed reports.
- Providing support to projects across the Inhabit offices.
- Providing regular updates of project progress to supervisor.
- Exploring the latest technology and software to help develop the business.
- An active interest in other specialist disciplines.
Desired Skills and Experience (compulsory)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the façade industry
- Proficiency in ACAD, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent written and spoken English
Desired Skills and Experience (optional)
- Written and spoken Mandarin
- Knowledge of 3D design software (Rhino, CATIA, etc.)
- Knowledge of 3D geometrical analysis (Grasshopper, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of graphic software (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience in various fundamental engineering software packages
- Engineering degree
Please upload your Resume, Cover Letter and any other supporting documentation where asked within your application. Ensure you consider the skills and experience needed for this role and include in your application.
Inhabit is a part of the Egis group of companies. To learn more visit https://inhabitgroup.com/an-egis-company/