Lighting CAD Technician
- Hong Kong
- Position Title: Lighting CAD Technician
Inhabit is a unique, multi-disciplinary team of professionals who are passionate about making a positive contribution to our built environment. We are a collective of experienced architects, designers, engineers amongst other professions who work both independently and in partnership to form a holistic approach to the services that we offer. We believe that our respective areas of expertise can be integrated to allow seamless interdisciplinary synergy to create buildings that are more relevant to our evolving society.
Our Lighting Design teams in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Singapore specialise in creating unique visual experiences for facades, landscapes and interiors across a wide range of industry sectors including hospitality, commercial office, retail, transportation, entertainment facilities and residential projects.
We are a group of talented and passionate designers, from a wide variety of professional and cultural backgrounds, and pride ourselves on producing high-quality work in a fun, collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment.
Inhabit is experiencing ongoing growth with many new and exciting projects on the horizon. Due to this fast-paced growth, a fantastic and unique opportunity exists for an experienced CAD Technician to join our Hong Kong studio and be part of a dynamic company with a great culture.
Forming an integral part of the overall Inhabit Lighting team structure, the Lighting CAD Technician will be responsible for producing detailed lighting layouts, elevations, details and control schematics. The role will also require a degree of producing lighting calculations using Dialux, AGI or similar.
The successful candidate should be client focussed and a highly experienced lighting designer with strong project management skills, creativity, and technical aptitude. You should also possess solid experience presenting to clients and other designers.
Skills and Experience
Inhabit takes pride in employing people who are passionate about their expertise, are ambitious and strive for excellence. To be considered for this role it is mandatory you possess the following:
- Ideally 3+ years’ experience in lighting design and/ or electrical engineering on projects of various scales and complexities
- Responsible, highly organised, flexible and a supportive team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (Chinese and English preferrable)
- Exceptional ability to work with AutoCAD
- Have an eye and aptitude for detail, accuracy and the technical aspects of lighting documentation
- Passionate about accuracy and details.
- Have a passion for design and lighting.
- Able to think outside-the-box and challenge the status quo
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a desire for personal and professional growth
Highly Regarded Skills & Attributes
The following will be considered advantageous for the application:
- Ability in working with Rhino, 3DS Max, Grasshopper, Revit, SketchUp, V-Ray, LightUp, DIALUX and Radiance, or a similar Day Lighting Calculation Software
- Experience in developing lighting specifications and knowledge of luminaires and control systems.
- Experience in electrical engineering.
Please upload your Resume, Cover Letter and any other supporting documentation where asked within your application. Ensure you consider the skills and experience needed for this role and include in your application.
Candidates with more experience may be considered for senior positions.
Inhabit is a part of the Egis group of companies. To learn more visit https://inhabitgroup.com/an-egis-company/
Please no agencies.