Assistant Building Physics Engineer
- Brisbane QLD, Australia
- Position Title: Assistant Building Physics Engineer
Inhabit is a unique, multi-disciplinary team of professionals who are passionate about making a positive contribution to our built environment. We are a collective of experienced architects, designers, engineers amongst other professions who work both independently and in partnership to form a holistic approach to the services that we offer. We believe that our respective areas of expertise can be integrated to allow seamless interdisciplinary synergy to create buildings that are more relevant to our evolving society.
Explore a Rewarding Career in Building Physics Engineering
Have you considered Building Physics as an engineering design discipline?
Our Brisbane office has a fantastic opportunity for a driven final year Mechanical Engineering student (Casual position, 2 days a week), to gain hands-on practical experience in passive design, façade performance, sustainability and building optimization.
We value your Mechanical Engineering studies and would love you to apply those learnings in the specialist field of Building Physics. Come and be part of making an important difference in the built environment, where we create eco-friendly spaces that are safe, healthy and comfortable.
We are flexible around your university commitments, with the opportunity for this role to evolve into full-time upon completion of your studies.
In this role, your impact will be seen by:
- Learning and utilising the basics principles of façade design and construction
- Using 3D modelling and 2D CAD software to create models for visualisation and analysis
- Undertaking NatHERS assessment under the supervision of a NatHERS accredited assessor
- Learning sustainable rating tools such as Green Star
- Learning extensively about both the visual and performance characteristics of glass and how these can be used to deliver architectural outcomes
- Undertaking modelling including daylight, glare and reflectivity and determining the thermal performance of façades
- Undertaking design optimisation of buildings to address the requirement of tropical and sub-tropical climates
- Undertaking assessments on the impact, risk and potential damage of condensation within buildings
- Assisting in the delivery of design and technical reports
- Contributing to design advice to clients to achieve project goals, including NCC compliance
We are not expecting you to be proficient in these skills, but to understand the fundamentals, and be excited about applying the knowledge you have learnt during your studies!
If this interests you, we are seeking someone who:
- Is a final year Mechanical Engineering student
- Has a strong academic achievement
- Has an appetite for learning new skills and an ability to multi-task
- Is motivated by progressive thinking to find creative solutions
- Is willing to learn how to thrive in a commercial environment
- Is curious and wants to apply problem solving to real world applications.
- Someone who doesn’t mind being out of their comfort zone
- Is interested in continually refining their oral and written communication skills
What We Offer
- Practical training steered towards your professional development and career growth
- A collaborative and supportive team, as well as excellent mentorship by industry experts
- Exposure to a range of technological innovations and smart materials
- Learning opportunities through inter-office design workshops and sharing of project experiences
- A wide variety of technically interesting projects
- Staff benefits
When submitting your application, you should be a citizen of, or hold permanent residency in, Australia or New Zealand.
Please upload your CV, Cover Letter, Academic Transcripts and any other supporting documentation where asked within your application.
Inhabit is a part of the Egis group of companies. To learn more visit https://inhabitgroup.com/an-egis-company/
Please no agencies.