Building Envelope Coordinator
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Position Title: Building Envelope Coordinator
Inhabit is a specialist consultancy that focuses on the design and advancement of the built environment. We are committed to making a positive impact on a global scale with human experience central to our work. Our solutions-based approach provides Inhabit opportunities to work as creative design partners of Australia-New Zealand’s leading designers in Architecture, Engineering, Fabrication and Remedial fields, from concept to completion. Our specialist disciplines include facade design, sustainability, acoustics, audio-visual, and architectural lighting.
Inhabit has a culture that provides progressive thinkers with accelerated opportunities to learn and directly impact the way we innovate. Our multidisciplinary approach is the foundation on which we develop solutions for the unique challenges that are presented to us.
In New Zealand, we work on a wide range of projects with a diverse range of clients. We enjoy all projects, large and small. We have team of senior engineers and consultants that are looking to assist someone to learn the skill and science of consulting through a project-based practical experience.
Our office in Auckland is undertaking new projects with some of New Zealand’s most prestigious and well-respected architecture firms and clients. Due to continued growth, a fantastic and unique opportunity exists for a highly motivated entry-level graduate to join our team as a full time co-ordinator (with your own opportunities to grow the role) and be part of a dynamic company with a great culture!
Building Envelope consulting is a growing discipline within the building industry. As a part of the team, you will primarily be involved in the design of building envelopes and facade systems, involving complex and bespoke designs using alternative materials. You will be working closely with Inhabit senior staff and have exposure to architects, consultant teams and contractors to deliver facade systems and designs to meet the architectural vision and aesthetic desires, whilst providing a high level of performance for all aspects including structural, watertightness, durability, buildability and thermal considerations.
Reporting directly to Regional Manager – New Zealand, this entry-level role will have training provided by the friendly and talented consulting and engineering team. The exposure and opportunities that this role can offer will be endless. As a reward for your hard work and dedication, you will receive career progression, growth, and access to market leaders in the New Zealand construction industry. If you are looking to work for an exciting and progressive global company, then this is the role for you!
The role will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist to undertake the design or design review and documentation including detailed design feature reports, analysis, drawings and specifications for New Zealand or overseas projects.
- Assist to review contractor submissions; shop drawings and calculations
- Liaise and coordinate with the design/project team and other disciplines within Inhabit as required
- Assist in preparing tender submissions
- Build and maintain relationships with clients on projects and develop contacts within the facade industry
- Work with the team to develop design sketches and reports required for schematic, design development, contract documentation and construction phases of projects
- Learn and work with various software programs including AutoCAD, REVIT, Bluebeam, Rhino, Solidworks, 3D CAD, Sketchup, Strand7, WUFI and Flixo or similar to assist in the understanding and appreciation of details and junctions and to develop 3-dimensional details for the purposes of design development and/or drawing documentation & presentations
- Undertake materials and products research, liaising with suppliers and contractors, share knowledge and research with the team
- Prepare graphical presentations with the assistance of the team
- Assist in the continual improvement of drawing, CAD protocols, and communication tools
- Attend client meetings alongside Inhabit consultants and engineers as required
Skills and Experience
- Preferably a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Civil/Structures or other relevant engineering disciplines), Architecture, Building Science or Building Surveying – but not a necessity.
- A strong and committed interest in facade systems, building envelopes, materials and fabrication/manufacturing, facade design & sustainability
- Proficient in MS Office suite (MS Word, Excel and PDF in particular) and basic knowledge (or an interest) in relevant 3D software packages
- Excellent initiative, organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to your ongoing professional development
- Ability to work independently with appropriate guidance
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude for strategic and detailed thinking
- A thorough approach to work with an eye for detail
- An appreciation for architecture and creative thinking
- Sustainability and better building driven
- Some experience working in the construction industry an advantage
- Ability to hand sketch an advantage
What We Offer
- A wide variety of technically interesting projects across New Zealand and internationally
- Excellent mentorship and career progression opportunities with future global career prospects
- Be rewarded for your enthusiasm, commitment, dedication and loyalty
- An Employee Assistance Program available to staff, family and household members
The salary will be based on competitive market rates which commensurate with your skills and experience. Please upload your Cover Letter, CV, Academic Transcript, and any other documents that you think will set you apart. We will be excited to meet with you if your skills and experience are aligned with the role requirements.
Inhabit is a part of the Egis group of companies. To learn more visit https://inhabitgroup.com/an-egis-company/
We thank you for your interest in joining Inhabit.
Please no agencies