Remedial Facade Engineer (Mid or Senior)
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
Inhabit is a specialist consultancy that focuses on the design and advancement of the built environment. We are committed to making a positive impact on a global scale with human experience central to our work. Our solutions-based approach provides Inhabit opportunities to work as creative design partners of Australia’s leading designers in Architecture, Engineering, Fabrication and Remedial fields, from concept to completion. Our specialist disciplines include facade design, sustainability, acoustics, audio-visual and architectural lighting.
Inhabit has a culture that provides progressive thinkers with accelerated opportunities to learn and directly impact the way we innovate. Our multidisciplinary approach is the foundation on which we develop solutions for the unique challenges that are presented to us. We seek a highly motivated and agile team player who is excited to develop their capabilities and continue to grow, working alongside our accomplished Remedial Technical Manager based in our Melbourne office.
In joining our national Remedial/Diagnostic team, you will have the opportunity to bring your experience as a Remedial Facade Engineer (Mid or Senior level) to our Melbourne office and provide consulting services for new and existing facades, both commercial and residential Remedial. You will be working alongside our collaborative, supportive and accomplished Remedial Facade Engineering team, where your innovation skills and your continuous improvement mindset will be highly valued.
About the Role
The role includes:
- Undertake facade condition inspections of existing buildings
- Prepare technical reports documenting the current condition of inspected facades and provide recommendations for repair
- Undertake on-site facade / building diagnostic investigations (including water penetration investigations, failure of facade elements and concrete testing and analysis)
- Preparation of remedial work specifications for concrete repairs, waterproofing, protective coatings, brickwork repairs and heritage restoration
- Project management of facade remedial work projects
- Undertake QA inspections and testing of new facade construction works
- Provide technical assistance to new build facade contractors relating to the weatherproofing and installation of various facade systems
- Develop strong relationships with existing clients to ensure repeat business as well as pursue new business opportunities
Skills and Experience
Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Civil/Structures/Mechanical, Architecture or Construction
- Rope access trained (IRATA qualified) ideal, but not required
- A sound understanding of different facade types and how they are constructed, including curtain wall, precast concrete, cladding, stone, windows, masonry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills
- Initiative, focus and a strong commitment to the profession
- High proficiency in MS Office
What We Offer:
- A wide variety of technically interesting projects across Australia and internationally
- Excellent mentorship and career progression opportunities with future global career prospects
- Be rewarded for your enthusiasm, commitment, dedication and loyalty
- Parental leave and Purchased leave
- An Employee Assistance Program available to staff, family and household members
- Office fresh fruit and coffee machine
- Staff events
- Friday casual clothes day
The salary will be based on competitive market rates commensurate with your skills and experience.
Please upload your cover letter and CV and any other documents that you think will set you apart to our careers portal.
We will be excited to meet with you if your skills and experience are aligned with ours.
Inhabit is a part of the Egis group of companies. To learn more visit https://inhabitgroup.com/an-egis-company/
Please no agencies