Lighting Designer / Consultant
Inhabit is a unique, multi-disciplinary team of professionals who are passionate about making a positive contribution to our built environment. We are a collective of experienced architects, designers, engineers amongst other professions who work both independently and in partnership to form a holistic approach to the services that we offer. We believe that our respective areas of expertise can be integrated to allow seamless interdisciplinary synergy to create buildings that are more relevant to our evolving society.
As our Singapore office continues to grow, undertaking new projects with some of Asia’s most prestigious and well respected architecture firms and clients, we are seeking an experienced Lighting Designer / Consultant to work with our Singapore team.
About the Role
The role includes:
- Work closely with Clients / Architects to develop concepts for façade, interior and landscape lighting
- Produce sketches, cut-sheets, renderings, etc. to illustrate conceptual ideas
- Develop concepts into schematic and detailed designs with CAD drawings and technical specifications
- Provide budget and power consumption estimates
- Prepare and give presentations to Clients / Architect to outline designs
- Review supplier and contractor proposed fixtures, fittings and circuitry layouts
- Attend site inspections to review the quality and general arrangement of contractor installations
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Interior Design or relevant technical degree
- Experience working as a Lighting Designer / Consultant on large scale architectural projects
- Able to complete all stages of the project independently
- Capable of managing multiple projects at any one time
- Ability to communicate design ideas effectively, responsible, highly organised, flexible and a supportive team player
- Highly competent in AutoCAD and PhotoShop with excellent technical skills
- Knowledge of Dialux / Relux would be advantageous
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a desire for personal and professional growth
- Good spoken and written Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin) and English
Please upload your Resume, Cover Letter and any other supporting documentation where asked within your application. Ensure you consider the skills and experience needed for this role and include in your application.
Inhabit is a part of the Egis group of companies. To learn more visit https://inhabitgroup.com/an-egis-company/