- London, UK
Inhabit is a unique, multi-disciplinary team of professionals who are passionate about making a positive contribution to our built environment. We are a collective of experienced architects, designers, engineers amongst other professions who work both independently and in partnership to form a holistic approach to the services that we offer. We believe that our respective areas of expertise can be integrated to allow seamless interdisciplinary synergy to create buildings that are more relevant to our evolving society.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Facade Designer to join our office in London. Direct reporting will be to the Regional Manager – UK.
This role will see you produce and develop different facade systems and details whilst also developing your own personal skills in design, engineering, and materials. This opportunity is ideal for a hardworking, highly motivated individual who values collaboration, professional experience and wants to be part of a busy growing business.
About the Role
The role includes:
- Provide 2D drafting using AutoCAD software in delivering Shop Drawing packages for facade / curtain wall projects and preparing material schedules
- Assist in the delivery of detailed facade tender packages
- Monitor modelling and maintain direct communications with Architects, Clients, Engineers, Project Leaders etc. and update drawings as required
- Produce details of facade systems based on architectural sketches
- Coordinate and monitor submission schedules to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget
- Coordinate with the relevant parties to raise/resolve project related issues which could affect the delivery of the documentation
- Maintain internal document control of drawings
- Review and evaluate design deliverables to ensure build-ability and compliance, liaising with the client's design team and specialist suppliers
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in facade / curtain wall detailing & drafting
- Demonstrated experience in providing drafting using AutoCAD software in delivering shop drawing packages / architectural tender drawing packages for facade / curtain wall projects
- Degree or diploma holder in Mechanical / Civil / Structural Engineering or Building Design (Architectural)
- Knowledge of steel, aluminium and glass required with proven experience
- Fabrication / assembly drawing knowledge
- Knowledge of 3D design software (Rhino, Sketch-Up, etc.)
- Ability to conceptualise and design practical solutions
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to communicate professionally (written and verbal)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of 3D geometrical analysis (Grasshopper, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of graphic software (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience in fabrication drawing packages and completing 3D drawings using AutoCAD ideal
- Knowledge of BIM building software and experience in developing BIM models and detail drawings highly advantageous
Please upload your Resume, Cover Letter and any other supporting documentation where asked within your application. Ensure you consider the skills and experience needed for this role and include in your application.
Inhabit is a part of the Egis group of companies. To learn more visit https://inhabitgroup.com/an-egis-company/