- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Inhabit is a unique, multi-disciplinary team of professionals who are passionate about making a positive contribution to our built environment. We are a collective of experienced architects, designers, engineers amongst other professions who work both independently and in partnership to form a holistic approach to the services that we offer. We believe that our respective areas of expertise can be integrated to allow seamless interdisciplinary synergy to create buildings that are more relevant to our evolving society.
Our office in Dubai is undertaking new projects with some of Dubai’s most prestigious and well-respected architecture firms and clients. We are seeking a Façade Engineer to join our close-knit team, reporting to our Regional Manager – UAE. This role will suit a highly organised, proactive and enthusiastic individual with knowledge and experience in the following fields: glass, balustrades, curtain wall systems, window wall systems, glazing, fixings, aluminium, precast concrete, architectural steel, lightweight structures and stone cladding.
About the Role
The role includes:
- Design engineering for façade and steel and build-ability consultancy, including material knowledge and installation techniques
- Prepare design and engineering reports for design and construction stages.
- Provide detailed engineering calculations and structural façade analysis, advice and reporting
- Project management and administration
- Review contractor shop drawings
- Carry out site visits and inspections
- Liaise with builders, architects and engineers to ensure projects meet the design brief
- Develop strong relationships with existing clients to ensure repeat business as well as pursue new business opportunities
Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Civil/Structures)
- Ideally 3 – 5 years’ experience in Façade Engineering within a façade consultancy or façade contractor. Experience working in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) ideal
- Sound knowledge in façade systems and design and relevant codes and standards
- Demonstrated portfolio of medium to large scale projects
- Hold strong interpersonal skills and can demonstrate technical leadership and mentoring
- Proficient in relevant façade & structural finite element software, e.g. Strand 7, STAAD
- Programming experience with Rhinoscript, Grasshopper, Python etc. would be an advantage
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organisational skills
Please upload your Resume, Cover Letter and any other supporting documentation where asked within your application. Ensure you consider the skills and experience needed for this role and include in your application.
Inhabit is a part of the Egis group of companies. To learn more visit https://inhabitgroup.com/an-egis-company/