Assistant Facade Designer
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Associate Facade Engineer: Assistant Facade Designer
Inhabit is a unique, multi-disciplinary team of professionals who are passionate about making a positive contribution to our built environment. We are a collective of experienced architects, designers, engineers amongst other professions who work both independently and in partnership to form a holistic approach to the services that we offer. We believe that our respective areas of expertise can be integrated to allow seamless interdisciplinary synergy to create buildings that are more relevant to our evolving society.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Facade Designer to join our newly established office in Bangkok.
This role will see you produce and develop different facade systems and details whilst also developing your own personal skills in design, engineering, and materials. This opportunity is ideal for a hardworking, highly motivated individual who values collaboration, professional experience and wants to be part of a busy growing business.
About the Role
The role includes:
- Provide 2D drafting and design support using AutoCAD software for architectural documentation and detail working drawings such as architectural façade tender submission and shop drawings for projects across the Inhabit offices
- Provide 2D (and 3D drafting) using AutoCAD, Rhino and/or Sketchup Pro to develop 3 dimensional details for the purposes of design development and/or drawing documentation
- Monitor Design output from offices across the region and review shop drawings from contractors
- Liaise with other staff, project teams, associated consultants and clients, and assist in building and maintaining relationships to determine best façade design outcomes
- Provide assistance to engineers and design team in regards to ACAD or hand sketches for presentation purposes
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or Diploma in Architectural field.
- Ideally 2 years’ technical experience working within the Façade Industry,
- Demonstrated experience in facade / curtain wall detailing & drafting
- Demonstrated experience in providing drafting using AutoCAD software in delivering Shop drawing packages / architectural tender drawing packages for facade / curtain wall projects
- Knowledge of steel, aluminium and glass required with proven experience
- Fabrication / assembly drawing knowledge
- Knowledge of 3D design software (Rhino, Revit Sketch-Up, etc.)
- Ability to conceptualise and design practical solutions
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to communicate professionally (written and verbal)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in fabrication drawing packages and completing 3D drawings using AutoCAD ideal
Highly regarded skills and Attributes
- Knowledge of 3D geometrical analysis (Grasshopper, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of graphic software (Photoshop, Sketchup, etc.)
- Knowledge of BIM building software and experience in developing BIM models and detail drawings highly advantageous
Please upload your Resume, Cover Letter and any other supporting documentation where asked within your application. Ensure you consider the skills and experience needed for this role and include in your application.
Inhabit is a part of the Egis group of companies. To learn more visit https://inhabitgroup.com/an-egis-company/