Senior Lighting Designer
- Hong Kong
Inhabit is a unique, multi-disciplinary team of professionals who are passionate about making a positive contribution to our built environment. We are a collective of experienced architects, designers, engineers amongst other professions who work both independently and in partnership to form a holistic approach to the services that we offer. We believe that our respective areas of expertise can be integrated to allow seamless interdisciplinary synergy to create buildings that are more relevant to our evolving society.
Our Lighting Design teams in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore specialise in creating unique visual experiences for facades, landscapes and interiors across a wide range of industry sectors including hospitality, commercial office, retail, transportation, entertainment facilities and residential projects. We are a group of talented and passionate designers from a wide variety of professional and cultural backgrounds. Our working environment is fun, collaborative, creative and inspiring.
Inhabit is experiencing ongoing growth with many new projects on the horizon. Due to this fast-paced growth, a fantastic and unique opportunity exists for an experienced Lighting Designer to join our Hong Kong Office and be part of a dynamic company with a great culture! If you are looking to balance and engage in better design, this exciting position may be for you.
The role includes:
Forming an integral part of the overall Inhabit Lighting team structure, the Senior Lighting Designer will report to the Hong Kong Lighting Manager and will be responsible for controlling design narratives, as well as the delivery and the management for a variety of projects within Asia and internationally.
The successful candidate should be client focussed and a highly experienced lighting designer with strong project management skills, creativity and technical aptitude.
Skills and Experience
Inhabit takes pride in employing people who are passionate about their expertise, ambitious and strive for excellence. To be considered for this role it is mandatory you possess the following:
- Ideally 5+ years’ experience in lighting design on projects of various scales and complexities from inception to completion
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build a strong rapport with clients and key project team members
- Track record working with top tier clients and architects
- Be business minded with a focus on delivering excellent results in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Ability to communicate design ideas effectively and instil trust with clients and key project team members
- Responsible, highly-organised, flexible and a supportive team player
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional ability to work with Dialux (or equivalent), Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, AutoCAD, hand sketching and MSOffice
- Strong eye and aptitude for detail, accuracy and the technical aspects of lighting
- Capable of managing multiple projects at any one time
- Passionate about lighting, architecture, art and design
- Able to think outside-the-box and challenge the status quo
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a desire for personal and professional growth
Highly Regarded Skills & Attributes
The following will be considered advantageous for the application:
- Rhino, Grasshopper
- SketchUp, V-Ray, LightUp
- Radiance or a similar Day Lighting Calculation Software
- Possess an existing client base
- Experience of working with interactive environments
Please upload your Resume, Cover Letter and any other supporting documentation where asked within your application. Ensure you consider the skills and experience needed for this role and include in your application.
Inhabit is a part of the Egis group of companies. To learn more visit https://inhabitgroup.com/an-egis-company/