Ingram Content Group (ICG) seeks a motivated, creative Library Marketing Manager to join our team. We offer flexible, hybrid schedules for a mix of onsite and remote work.
The library channel and librarians serve a crucial role to local communities by securing access to educational materials and a wide range of books. This individual will have a unique opportunity to collaborate with local librarians to support their community’s needs and amplify the voices being published by some of today’s leading independent publishers, such as Grove Atlantic, Spiegel & Grau, The New Press, Haymarket, and Enchanted Lion.
The library Marketing Manager will implement marketing plans and campaigns for the public library market; develop programs, activities, and integrated brand communications targeting adult and children’s public librarians. This talented marketer will research new opportunities for promoting and marketing titles from our independent publishers’ lists - into library accounts, with the goal of effectively positioning and promoting books from across Ingram’s distributed brands. Perfect for a librarian or publishing professional looking for the next level of their career, this person will work closely with Ingram Library Services to understand what drives the business and will collaborate with the team to develop relationships with some key regional libraries. This individual will play a critical role in supporting the business strategies of the sales, marketing, and related business units.
Do you have experience working with publishers? Have a passion for helping publishers be successful?
At Ingram, our publisher-facing business offers more than just traditional wholesale services. It offers fully integrated and relevant solutions for client publishers. Comprised of book printing, digital book, distribution, publishing sales, and marketing services, this part of Ingram’s business helps publishers discover more ways to sell content in markets across the globe. Based in the Nashville area, New York, Berkeley, and other locations, our teams are collaborative, innovative, dynamic, and passionate about the business.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you share that passion, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and want to contribute to a strategic part of the business that is evolving and expanding, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4 years’ experience creating and executing marketing campaigns.
- Experience marketing to library and school markets.
- Works with distribution brands to develop marketing services that promote and enhance the marketability and visibility of publishers’ titles in the public library market.
- Develops and implements creative and strategic front and backlist marketing plans for publishers’ titles with a goal of engaging public librarians.
- Explores and nurtures relationships in the librarian community, including developing a list of library collection development professionals to market directly to.
- Identifies the most effective marketing tools to further enhance the awareness for title specific campaigns and overall library marketing strategy
- Creates email marketing strategy including email acquisition and the creation of curated newsletters to librarians.
- Supports the Independent bookstore reps by creating a monthly newsletter for independent bookstores as well, piggybacking off the work done for librarians.
- This list is not exhaustive.
Hiring Salary Range: $82,850 - $119,940. This range represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary for this position. It will be determined by factors including but not limited to the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, geographic location, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Avid reader?
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Casual Dress Code
The world is reading, and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, Tennessee Book Company LLC, Ingram Content Group UK Ltd. and Ingram Content Group Australia Pty Ltd.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
- EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled
- We participate in EVerify.
- EEO Poster in English
- EEO Poster in Spanish