Key Account Sales Manager (Digital)
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Key Account Sales Manager (Digital) in our NYC office to be a part of our Digital Services. We will also consider candidates who live in the Greater Nashville area near our La Vergne, TN office. We offer flexible, hybrid schedules for a mix of onsite and remote work. However, the person hired must live in the local area near our NYC or La Vergne, TN office.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player with a strong knowledge of the ebook and audiobook publishing markets and with great communication skills to join our successful, innovative group.
Our market-leading services include CoreSource – used by over 30,00 publishers – and digital sales and marketing tools that help publishers grow their businesses efficiently and effectively. Focusing on top Trade and Academic publisher accounts in the US, you will develop selling and service relationships throughout all levels of a publisher’s organization. As the Key Account Sales Manager, you’ll work with management and peers across Ingram to develop, forecast and report on digital sales targets and work with internal and external stakeholders to meet digital sales and growth targets. You should be comfortable with conference speaking, web-based presentations and other networking and selling activities.
Do you have experience working with publishers? Have a passion for helping publishers to be successful?
At Ingram, our publisher-facing business offers more than just traditional wholesale services. It offers fully integrated and relevant solutions for client publishers. Comprised of book printing, digital book, distribution, publishing sales and marketing services, this part of Ingram’s business helps publishers discover more ways to reach and sell content in the global marketplace. Headquartered in the Nashville area, with offices in New York, Berkeley and other locations, our teams are collaborative, innovative, dynamic, and passionate about the success of our clients.
The world is reading, and our goal is to connect as many people with the content they want, simply. If you share that passion, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and want to contribute to a strategic part of a business that is evolving and expanding, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s degree or directly related year for year experience
- 3 years’ experience in book publishing or digital media
- Book/publishing industry experience
- Digital sales experience in the book industry
- Develops and grows the pipeline of potential ICG accounts: identifying new opportunities while growing digital sales to assigned accounts.
- Coordinates strategic discussion with ICG managers and team leaders regarding publisher needs.
- Works with management and team leaders to develop and deliver solution-based proposals that address the needs of the publishers through Ingram’s current digital offerings or the development of new offerings using Ingram’s core competencies.
- Serves as one of the main sales personnel to publishers for the Digital Services suite of products. Manages contract negotiations and ensures that the clients are properly served by operations, finance and other Ingram departments. Gains a full understanding of each publisher’s digital business and its relationship with Ingram.
- Works with management to provide thorough reporting on the state of the digital business to include current results against projections, opportunities with current and prospective clients, territory challenges and suggested resolutions on a continuous basis through monthly business development meetings and other mechanisms.
- Works with management to develop digital selling strategies for the assigned territory/segment – along with revenue goals and reports results against set targets.
Hiring Salary Range: $82,850 – 119,940. This range represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary for this position and will be determined by factors including but not limited to: applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, geographic location as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. (**Please note this pay range is based on the NY market. Nashville area pay range is lower.**)
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Avid reader? Enjoy discounted book purchasing
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Casual dress code
The world is reading, and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, Tennessee Book Company LLC, Ingram Content Group UK Ltd. and Ingram Content Group Australia Pty Ltd.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
- EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled
- We participate in EVerify.
- EEO Poster in English
- EEO Poster in Spanish