Key Account Manager, IngramSpark
- 76 Discovery Rd, Dandenong South VIC 3175, Australia
Become a part of an innovative team helping to revolutionize the way independant authors and small publishers create books and reach readers all over the world via print on demand and helping to revolutionize the way that their content reaches readers around the world!
IngramSpark is different from any other self-publishing platform because we not only provide a means for indie authors and small presses to publish and distribute their books, but we provide customer support and guidance in how to self publish successfully.
Ingramspark, an Ingram Content Group company, is a leader in providing a comprehensive suite of on-demand print and distribution services for books to the self-publishing industry with options to print books in any quantity, one to 10,000, and provides its indie authors access to the most comprehensive worldwide bookselling channel in the industry.
Key Account Sales Manager - IngramSpark, Publishing
- 76 Discovery Rd, Dandenong South VIC 3175, Australia
- Team-oriented salesperson to work with senior management, identifying new customers, managing existing clients, and liaising with international colleagues to help grow the number of titles and increase the volume of print.
- Sells print and digital services to existing and prospective IngramSpark book publishing accounts and clients in the content business.
- Effectively works with internal and external stakeholders to forecast and achieve sales and growth targets. Identifies and creates meaningful deals with active and prospective accounts.
- Seeks out and facilitates partnerships within the ANZ retail market, industry associations and author communities for expansion of the IngramSpark and Ingram Content Group brandfootprint within the region.
- Develops and identifies strategic opportunities for new author products and services related to IngramSpark and Content Acquisition.
- Attends and leads in-person and virtual conferences, webinars, events and other networking and selling activities.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develops and grows the pipeline of potential accounts: identifying new opportunities while growing sales to assigned accounts.
- Understands solution requirements of potential publishing and content customers and recommends relevant suite of applicable Ingram products and services, including both physical and digital offerings.
- Works with Product, IT and Finance teams where appropriate to develop solutions that will drive revenue and profit.
- Initiates and contributes to discussions regarding current and future print on demand, global fulfilment, distribution and sales needs for IngramSpark.
- Coordinates strategic discussion with managers regarding needs. Works with management to develop and deliver solutions-based proposals that address the needs through Ingram's current print and digital offerings or the development of new offerings using Ingram's core competencies.
- Serves as an IngramSpark specialist developing knowledge and expertise in all aspects from contracts, to operations, to relationships. Gains an understanding of each business group and how IngramSpark fits within Ingram Content Group as a whole.
- Works with management and team leaders to prepare and deliver complex presentations, proposals, quotes and contracts.
- Works with management to provide thorough reporting on the territory to include current results against projections, opportunities with current and prospective clients, territory challenges and suggested resolutions on a continuous basis and through monthly business development meetings.
- Actively seeks new accounts for Ingram Spark and redirects clients to related services within Ingram Content Group where appropriate.
- Works with management to thoroughly evaluate business opportunities as they arise and develops recommendations.
- Works with management to develop selling strategy for the assigned territory/segment – along with revenue and expense goals and report results against set targets.
- Provides competitive updates along with new product and service recommendations required for Ingram Content Group to effectively compete in the market.
- Leads projects for new initiatives related to assigned publishers to ensure accurate and timely implementation. Works across the Ingram organisation to manage the process and hold internal associations accountable for meeting agreed upon client commitments.
- Thoroughly research client issues/challenges to ensure accurate diagnosis of the problem. Work with internal team to develop options for resolution, provide recommendation for resolution that meets client's objectives and ensure implementation of resolution.
- Represent Ingram Content Group and our expertise in the marketplace via conferences, presentations, speaking engagements and association involvement.
- Works with management to conduct periodic business reviews with key publishers highlighting their entire relationship with Ingram Content Group.
- Meet or exceed business metrics and budget goals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to apply sales forecasting
- Ability to evaluate client accounts for profit potential
- Ability to recognise obstacles and challenges, determine cause, and take appropriate action to resolve.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful relationships at all levels of client companies with emphasis on executive level.
- Ability to close sales and be self-directed. Knowledge of complex programs.
- Personal Computing skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email.
Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to work independently
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible/multi-task based on workflow demands
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time
- Ability to exercise effective judgement, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situation
- Ability to maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance
- Ability to receive and give information in a courteous manner over the telephone, via electronic communication or in person
- Ability to engage in active listening with co-workers, management and clients/customers
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of organisation, operating procedures and policies of the company
- Ability to apply new knowledge, technology and procedure to job responsibilities
- Ability to meet and maintain performance objectives (standards)
- Ability to maintain full time work schedule, attending events on weekends or otherwise outside standard working hours as may sometimes be required.
Essential Physical Demands
- Ability to sit at workstation for extended periods of time
- Ability to work effectively using a personal computer for long periods of time
- Ability to operate computer equipment, including keyboard and monitor, phone equipment and other necessary office equipment
- Ability to travel interstate as required
- Ability to work flexible hours
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or directly related year for year experience
- 2 years’ experience in book publishing or printing
- Proven Sales or Account Management experience