Manager, Business Operations Support, Ingram Publisher Services, UK
- Deltic Ave, Bradwell Common, Milton Keynes MK13, UK
INGRAM PUBLISHER SERVICES is one of the world’s largest and most reliable distribution networks, combined with a sales team of passionate book lovers and access to the industry’s leading e-book and print-on-demand technologies.For more information please visit https://www.ingramcontent.com/publishers/publisher-services
Manager, Business Operations Support
Reports To:Senior Manager, Commercial Sales
Office based from Milton Keynes and Work from Home or other sites
Manages the business operations relationship between Ingram Publisher Services (IPS) and client publishers.
Leads the support of client needs and goals of IPS with a focus on publisher support and supply chain.
Identifies, develops and directs business improvements that positively impact clients, customers and employee engagement and experience.
Pursues actions and ideas that yield business efficiency, reduce handoffs, provide cost reduction with the ultimate goal of delivering premier service delivery.
Partners and influences across Ingram to remove performance barriers and achieve mutual business objectives.
• Serving as a liaison between various Ingram Content departments in the integration and terminations of IPS publishers.
• Subject matter expert for internal Ingram systems and reporting in order to provide internal and external training in support of IPS needs and goals
• Responds to Operations questions, maintains direct contact with publisher, and responds to internal calls from Customer Care, Operations, Sales, etc. on behalf of the client.
• Communicates internal issues to client management and reports resolution to the appropriate Ingram departments
• Develops and implements strategies and tactics to improve publisher satisfaction while reducing overhead and cost related to IPS business operations.
• Plans and executes new tactics and processes/procedures for business operations improvements across distribution warehouse operations and publisher support.
• Recommends appropriate strategies, actions and/or alternatives in order to maintain operational efficiencies across all IPS businesses.
• Makes recommendations to leadership regarding improvement of procedures and facilitates implementation of changes.
• Conducts process reviews to ensure that operational processes/procedures continually meet the needs of IPS clients; recommends changes as necessary
• Maintains and refines performance indicators for IPS business operations team.
• Provides the standard by which all Business Support Operations associates are measured.
• Coordinates specialty support areas and makes viable suggestions to leadership for workflow improvement
• Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
• Complex problem solving skills / Advanced project management skills
• Project and process monitoring skills / Process analysis skills
• Advanced organization skills and time management skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Decision making skills
• Ability to be flexible/multi-task based on workflow demands
• Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
• Knowledge of organization, operating procedures and policies of the company
• Ability to apply new knowledge, technology and procedure to job responsibilities
• Ability to engage in active listening with co-workers, management and clients/customers
• Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time
• Ability to influence
• Presentation skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Team building skills
• Ability to meet and maintain performance objectives (standards)
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance
• Personal computing skills
• Oral and written communication skills
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or directly related year for year experience
• 3 years customer or client service experience
• 1 year in a lead, senior, or key position
Essential Physical Demands
• Travel required
• Ability to sit at workstation for extended periods of time
• Ability to work effectively using a personal computer for long periods of time
• Ability to operate computer equipment, including keyboard and monitor, phone equipment and other necessary office equipment