- 2 Boylston St. Ste 600, Boston, MA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
VitalSource®, is hiring for a Visual Designer to contribute to our close-knit team of visual, UX and research designers working remotely and eventually transitioning to a hybrid model in our Boston, MA office.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with designers, product managers and engineers to deliver the best study and reading experience for millions of learners across the globe. You will flex your design thinking skills, hone your craft, and experiment with new ideas to create user centered designs.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and excited about collaborating and learning from other talented team members. If you have a love for learning, reading and digital product design then this is your opportunity to shape the future of education and work with an awesome team on our Bookshelf web and mobile applications.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in design or creative studies or equivalent work experience in design.
- 1-3 years of hands-on experience creating visuals, wireframes, and prototypes for web or mobile design.
- Portfolio displaying excellent work in web design, user experience, and/or visual design. Examples must demonstrate a good sense of current design trends, typography, aesthetics, attention to detail and an understanding of user experience principles.
- Proficient with prototyping and designing in Sketch, Adobe XD or Figma and strong Adobe Illustrator skills.
- Interest and excitement for learning and growing new skill sets
- A love for solving problems and discovering new ways to achieve a goal.
- Bonus skills include motion graphics and illustration
What you will work on:
- Collaborate with senior visual and ux designers to create sketches, prototypes and final visual designs.
- Create user-centered designs by considering our design system, market analysis, user feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
- Contribute to our design system, Stewie, to maintain comprehensive design language across platforms: iOS, Android, Mac, Windows and web projects.
- Communicate with engineers to deliver creative assets and specs.
- Create icons, illustrations and animations for new features and projects.
- Participate in user studies and work with design researchers to analyze results
- Provide and receive feedback from peers in design reviews
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days, 12 sick days accrued annually, 8 company holidays, and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Paid parental leave to support current associates in balancing their professional and personal lives as their families begin and grow
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code & Flexible Schedules (per team)
- Flexible Work Schedules (by team)
VitalSource Technologies LLC, is the leading education technology solutions provider committed to helping partners create, deliver, and distribute affordable, accessible, and impactful learning experiences worldwide. As a recognized innovator in the digital course materials market, VitalSource is best known for partnering with more than 1,000 publishers and resellers to deliver extraordinary learning experiences to millions of active users globally—and today we’re also powering new, cutting-edge technologies designed to optimize teaching and learning for maximum results. Learn more at https://get.vitalsource.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.