Site Engineer - Print & Book Manufacturing - Day Shift, 6am - 6pm
- Pitfield, Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes MK11, UK
Become a part of an innovative team helping to revolutionize the way publishers make books available in an on-demand world and helping to revolutionize the way that publisher content reaches readers around the world!
Ingram Content Group UK Ltd, is a leader in providing a comprehensive suite of inventory-free on-demand print and distribution services for books to the publishing industry. Lightning Source gives the publishing community options to print books in any quantity, one to 10,000, and provides its customers access to the most comprehensive worldwide bookselling channel in the industry.
To ensure that all equipment on the print floor are operational and maintained to the highest standard possible.
Provide preventative maintenance and breakdown maintenance when required.
Provides advanced diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair for advanced electronic and mechanical production equipment to ensure efficient operations.
- 6am – 6pm = 12 hours
- Rota shift - ave 3 shifts / 36 hours per week with additional 20 Banked Shifts per annum
- 20% Shift Allowance
- 3 Closure days
- 15 shifts holiday
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintenance of equipment
- Trouble shooting - diagnosis of mechanical/electrical faults
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks
- Liaise with suppliers of production equipment
- Liaise with Production Manager and Shift Leaders on priority issues
- Source spare parts, quotations and place orders as required
- Maintain stock levels of critical parts in line with cost controls, repair parts, replacement recommendations.
- Communicate concise information on shift handover
- Maintain a safe, clean, and tidy work environment to minimize risk
- Attend regular team meetings or training as required
- Performance of other maintenance duties throughout the building as required
- To be responsible for your own Health and Safety adhere to safety guidelines in a warehouse environment and be aware of factors affecting your colleagues to maintain a safe environment.
- To report any accidents, potential hazards to your Line Manager immediately.
- Engineers will also assist, support and work in general operations, facilities maintenance, or production areas to assist with the production of books as business needs or shift leads dictate.
- Other duties as deemed necessary from time to time.
- Ability to retain knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Engineering/electrical knowledge
- Strong diagnostic skills
- Ability to apply mastery of skills in adapting procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Organizational skills
- Ability to bring a task to closure
- Attention to Detail
- Personal Computing skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Good communication skills
- Ability to be flexible/multi-task based on workflow demands
- Critical thinking skills
- G.C.S.E Math’s & English Grade C or above
- City & Guilds / NVQ or comparable qualification
- 18th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations (BS7671) City and Guilds 2382 qualification desirable.
- 2 years equipment maintenance experience in a fast-paced production environment, with an electronics background.
- 4 years general mechanical knowledge and electrical knowledge
- Pre and Post print machinery experience desirable
Essential Physical Demands:
- Role includes - walking, standing, lifting/carrying, pushing/pulling, gripping/grasping, bending, squatting/kneeling, twisting/turning, climbing, crawling, reaching above shoulders, typing/keyboard
- Ability to perform repetitive manual tasks
- Ability to work in confined / cramped conditions
- Ability to stand/walk for majority of shift
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to tolerate noise and vibration
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which could include nights and weekends
- Ability to travel as needed
- Exposure to wide range of temperatures
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to see in colour
- Depth perception
- 6am – 6pm = 12 hours
- Rota shift - Ave. 3 shifts / 36 hours per week with additional 20 Banked Shifts per annum
- 20% Shift Allowance
- Holiday plus Closure Days per annum (Xmas Day / Boxing Day/ NY Day)
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Continuous Professional Development and Training Opportunities
- Safety Shoes Voucher & PPE Uniform Provided
- Free onsite parking
- Free Hot drinks
- Service Awards