Casual Vacancies – Production & Distribution Operative Roles – Book Manufacturing
- 76 Discovery Rd, Dandenong South VIC 3175, Australia
We have a range of Production & Distribution roles available in our Book Production facility based in Dandenong South, VIC on a casual basis over day, afternoon or night shifts.
Become a part of an innovative team at Ingram Content Group Australia Pty Ltd helping to revolutionise the way publishers make books available in an on-demand world and the way that publisher content reaches readers around the world!
Ingram Content Group is a leader in providing a comprehensive suite of inventory-free on-demand print and distribution services for books to the publishing industry. Our Lightning Source brand gives the publishing community options to print books in any quantity, one to 10,000, and provides its customers access to the most comprehensive worldwide book selling channel in the industry.
Ingram Content Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted manufacturers and distributors of books. Thousands of publishers, retailers, and libraries worldwide use our products and services to realise the full business potential of books, regardless of format. Ingram Content Group has earned its lead position and reputation by offering excellent service and creating innovative, integrated solutions. Our customers have access to best-of-class print, print-on-demand, inventory management programs.
For more information about Lightning Source and Ingram Content Group please visit our website at www.ingramcontent.com
PLEASE STATE THE ROLE AND SHIFT THAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WITHIN YOUR APPLICATION LETTER OR RESUME
Production Operatives - Printing, Binding, Case Book Manufacturing
Operate and maintain production equipment to maximize "up time" for production in accordance with the operation and manufacturing instructions. Production equipment and workstations include: printer, book binders, trimmer and laminators.
- Operates production equipment including printers, binders and trimmers to achieve shift production volume and meet safety and quality standards as required.
- Must be able to operate a minimum of two workstations as assigned.
- Executes timely re-supply of raw materials while operating production equipment.
- Perform preliminary quality control checks according to SOP's.
- Notifies manager / senior and/or specialist when equipment is not operating effectively.
- Clean and perform preventative maintenance on production equipment.
- Cross-functional to work in other operations departments as needed e.g. Shipping
Distribution Operatives - Job Summary
To assist and undertake duties in all aspects of goods inwards, production, distribution and shipping, to provide a first class service to the site facility and LS AUS customers.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage goods inwards/outwards
- Receive goods inwards and forward to the recipient/department in accordance with procedures
- Packaging and dispatch of books to customer outlets
- Ship goods outwards ensuring that they are clearly labelled and addressed correctly
- Ensure returned books are notified to Client Services
- Monitor and report necessary replenishment of supplies
- Maintain housekeeping in distribution, goods inwards, loading bay area
- Work to set procedures in accordance with quality controls
- Liaise with external distribution services, couriers and shipping handlers
- Ability to interpret packing slips, receipts, invoices etc
- Must be able to fill out various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers
- Must be familiar with proper packaging methods and able to interpret written guides used to convey specific packaging requirements.
- Must be familiar operator with material handling equipment – pallet trucks etc
- Assist with and undertake any Operative duties as deemed necessary from time to time due to business demands
- Assist in Quality Control
- Database entry of information
Attributes & Skills Desired:
- Able to read and write English, and use simple math
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Good understanding of all production / distribution working practices
- Keen attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Good customer relations
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- able to use a personal computer and have basic IT skills
- Ability to work safely and adhere to safety guidelines in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to perform repetitive manual tasks
- Ability to work independently or collaborate in a group environment
- Ability to be flexible/multi-task based on workflow demands
- Ability to meet and maintain quality standards
- Ability to maintain reasonably reliable attendance
Experience needed to apply:
- 6 months of manufacturing / warehouse related experience
- Good understanding of all distribution practices, export requirements, etc
- Minimum of a high school education School Leaver - Maths & English
Essential Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift/carry in full range of motion up to 20kgs during the assigned shift – up to 15kgs frequently and up to 20kgs occasionally
- Ability to walk and stand as needed
- Ability to grip/grasp as needed
- Ability to push/pull in a warehouse environment up to 30kgs force to pull/push as needed
- Ability to bend, squat/kneel, twist/turn, climb, crawl, reach above shoulder, and type/keyboard frequently
- Ability to work flexibly which could include nights and weekends
- Ability to travel as needed
- Exposure to wide range of temperatures
- Training Opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- Free Hot drinks
- Service Awards