Print Specialist- Night Shift
- 860 Nestle Way, Breinigsville, PA 18031, USA
Become a part of an innovative team at Ingram helping to revolutionize the way publishers make books available in an on-demand world. Lightning Source, Inc., an Ingram Content Group company, is recruiting for a Black & White Printer Specialist to join our growing business in our Breinigsville, PA manufacturing facility. This position will be responsible keeping print lines operating at optimum production levels while providing training and quality feedback/leadership to all B&W Printer Operators. The B/W Printer Specialist will ensure that book blocks are manufactured to specification as described in the LSI operation manuals and equipment is operated in compliance with OCE operating manuals.
- Works to maximize “up time” for B&W printing production
- Coordinates Equipment Operators’ maintenance of B&W print line equipment, to insure compliance with manufacturers’ specifications. Confirms that all daily and shift maintenance items necessary for the successful operation of the B&W equipment have occurred; and, if not, notifies Shift Supervisor and takes necessary action to service the equipment.
- Performs, or assists in performing, more difficult Equipment Operator tasks, including, but not limited to: roll changes; thread-to-aligns; alterations in web width; alignment or print quality reviews; and changeovers from 3-Up to 2-Up.
- In coordination with manufacturers’ technicians, works to diagnose equipment and product quality issues. Maintains current knowledge of all manufacturers’ operating manuals and guidelines for equipment use and maintenance.
- Coordinates training for Equipment Operators in the operation and maintenance of the B&W printers and pre/post equipment and if the Equipment Operator fails to follow instructions, brings this to the attention of the Shift Supervisor.
As needed, operates within manufacturers’ specifications, all equipment used in the production of B&W text blocks.
Essential Physical Demands:
Ability to walk and stand continuously during the assigned shift.
Ability to lift/carry in full range of motion up to 50 lbs. during the assigned shift – up to 30 lbs frequently and up to 50 lbs occasionally.
Ability to push/pull in a manufacturing environment up to 50 lbs to push during the assigned shift – up to 40 lbs frequently and up to 50 occasionally.
Ability to grip/grasp continuously during the assigned shift.
Ability to bend, kneel/squat, twist/turn, reach above shoulder, and type/keyboard frequently during the assigned shift.
Ability to work designated 12 hour shift including overtime as required.
Ingram Content Group Inc. is the world's largest and most trusted distributor of physical and digital content. Thousands of publishers, retailers, and libraries worldwide use our products and services to realize the full business potential of books, regardless of format. Ingram has earned its lead position and reputation by offering excellent service and creating innovative, integrated solutions. Our customers have access to best-of-class digital, audio, print, print-on-demand, inventory management, wholesale and full-service distribution programs.
Lightning Source Inc., an Ingram Content Group company, is the leader in providing a comprehensive suite of inventory-free on-demand print and distribution services for books to the publishing industry. Lightning Source gives the publishing community options to print books in any quantity, one to 10,000, and provides its customers access to the most comprehensive worldwide bookselling channel in the industry. For more information visit www.lightningsource.com
Ingram offers a compensation package that includes competitive base salary, incentive opportunities, and excellent comprehensive benefits offerings. For more information about Ingram Content Group, or to view the full job description and apply online, please visit our website at www.ingramcontent.com.
Why You Should Apply
- Work only 3.5 days per week
- Onsite food & refreshments available for purchase
- Overtime available during peak season $$$
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress Code
Shift- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 7pm-7am, Monday 7pm-1am, + OT as needed
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.