Key Accounts Manager - Books & Publishing
- Pitfield, Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes MK11, UK
Become a part of an innovative team helping to revolutionize the way publishers make books available in an on-demand world and helping to revolutionize the way that publisher content reaches readers around the world!
An Ingram Content Group company, is a leader in providing a comprehensive suite of inventory-free on-demand print and distribution services for books to the publishing industry. Lightning Source gives the publishing community options to print books in any quantity, one to 10,000, and provides its customers access to the most comprehensive worldwide bookselling channel in the industry.
Concentrate on maximising new customer acquisition and set up of new print on-demand titles from publishers with a particular focus on medium and large size accounts.
Managing smaller and medium size channel partners and reselling books to these customers
- Manage a portfolio of customers in order to maximise their value in terms of number of titles submitted and live, units ordered, and cash value of orders placed as agreed in sales budget and forecasts.
- Make cold calls and presentations to target leads and manage the sales process to account opening and signed contracts.
- Work closely with UK Customer/Client Services team and where appropriate the US Sales team on global accounts to support customers/clients.
- Work with the Marketing department to generate more leads and to set-up meetings with target organisations
- Attend trade events associate with assigned territories.
- Negotiate pricing and contracts with reference to the Deal Forms process as appropriate
- Maximize revenue and inventory opportunities through proactive selling of digital services and development of longer-term partner relationships. Identify and align digital products & services for appropriate publishing partners to maximize sales of publisher content through Ingram.
- Understand and be able to demonstrate the key digital products and services of relevance to the territories and markets assigned. Understand and be able to converse fluently on the emerging digital marketplace.
- Participate in planning and implementation with publishers through to contract signature stage, following agreed protocols for contract negotiation. Engage with relevant business units in the development of project execution and implementation planning post contract signature.
- Regularly report on activities and completed sales across the range of solutions.
- Provide regular customer, competitor and market feedback to management as required
- To be responsible for your own Health and Safety and be aware of factors affecting your colleagues in order to maintain a safe environment.
- To report any accidents, potential hazards to your Line Manager immediately.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Foreign languages desirable
- Proven track record in previous sales role
- Knowledge of the book industry
- Knowledge of principles and methods for promoting and selling products or services
- Requires sales focused and customer centric approach.
- Flexible and proactive
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills and be computer literate.
- Must be able to manage workload by establishing priorities; be detail-oriented; and possess the ability to operate successfully within a fast-paced environment.
- A flexible approach to work, hours and be adaptable to change are critical attributes.
- Adherence to deadlines and meeting key deliverables.
- Interpersonal skills / Influencing / negotiation skills
- Critical thinking, analytical, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team and to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
- Ability to receive and give information in a courteous manner over the telephone, via electronic communication or in person
- Ability to engage in active listening with co-workers, management and clients/customers
- Ability to apply new knowledge, technology and procedure to job responsibilities
- Ability to meet and maintain performance objectives (standards)
- Personal computing skills to include MS office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Essential Physical Demands:
- Ability to travel during working week (UK /International /European).
- Ability to sit at workstation for extended periods of time
- Ability to work effectively using a personal computer for long periods of time
- Ability to operate computer equipment, including keyboard and monitor, phone equipment and other necessary office equipment
- Ability to maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance
- Ability to maintain full time work schedule during normal company operating hours
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience in sales OR book industry
- College / University degree preferred
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Continuous Professional Development and Training Opportunities
- Business Casual dress code, dress down Fridays
- Free onsite parking
- Free Hot drinks
- Snack and Drink Vending machines on site
- Gym Membership Corporate Discount
- Service Awards