Director, Human Resources - Manufacturing
- 1246 Heil Quaker Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is currently looking for a Director, Human Resources to join our Lightning Source (LSI) team in LaVergne, TN just outside Nashville. Reporting to the VP, Human Resources, the Director, Human Resources – Manufacturing is responsible for managing HR programs for the manufacturing business covering the areas of; staffing, associate relations, wage/salary administration, benefit program administration, learning, management development and associate services. Directs the planning, delivery and auditing of generalist HR Services to manufacturing leadership and executive management. Serves as a Human Capital business consultant to the senior management teams for the US manufacturing business unit.
Want to join a key team that helps the world read?
At Ingram, the Operations team serves a key role within the organization. We ensure that our manufacturing, distribution and warehouse facilities function at maximum efficiency. Safety is a core value in our operations environment. We emphasize this through training, education and accident prevention programs. Process Improvement is another core value, and through innovations such as voice and Radio Frequency (RF) technologies, as well as feedback from our associates, we work toward constant improvement.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you want to be part of a customer-centric team that strives for excellence, collaboration, innovation, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 years HR experience with 5 years management responsibilities in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of associate relations, compensation, benefit program and learning/development practices and organizational design methodology
- Ability to effectively manage a staff of degreed HR professionals
- Knowledge of federal/state regulations related to EEO, FLSA, ADA, FMLA and AAP
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret HR/data analytics
- Oversees the management of the staffing activities that support the manufacturing business unites in the US.
- Establishes appropriate standards of performance for the HR Delivery team and monitors activities to ensure that services are provided at equal levels across US manufacturing departments.
- Administers directly (through one on one contact with associates) and indirectly (through members of the management team) programs, policies and procedures that foster effective associate relations.
- Partners with senior leadership in the manufacturing departments and advises as needed on organizational design, associate development, and strategic planning.
- Performs as facilitator / administrator for Holding Company’s benefit programs.
- Directly supervises HR Managers, Generalists and Coordinators.
- Evaluates the training and development needs of the staff and coordinates / assists with professional development of these associates.
- This list is not exhaustive
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 10 vacation days & 10 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Casual Dress Code
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.