Senior Site Engineer - Book Printing Production Manufacturing
- 76 Discovery Rd, Dandenong South VIC 3175, Australia
Lightning Source Austrlaia Pty Ltd, part of Ingram Content Group , is a leader in providing a comprehensive suite of inventory-free on-demand print and distribution services for books to the publishing industry and gives the publishing community options to print books in any quantity, one to 10,000, and provides its customers access to the most comprehensive worldwide bookselling channels in the industry. We provide secure, cutting-edge, and profitable answers to the questions our publisher partners have about the changing opportunities in the book industry.
Ingram Content Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted distributors of physical and digital content. Thousands of publishers, retailers, and libraries worldwide use our products and services to realize the full business potential of books, regardless of format. Ingram Content Group has earned its lead position and reputation by offering excellent service and creating innovative, integrated solutions. Our customers have access to best-of-class digital, audio, print, print-on-demand, inventory management, wholesale and full-service distribution programs.
Become a part of an innovative team helping to revolutionize the way publishers make books available in an on-demand world and helping to revolutionize the way that publisher content reaches readers around the world!
Senior Site Engineer
Supervision: Site Engineer
Role Reports To: Senior Operations Manager
Manages the daily operations of the LS Australia Manufacturing Maintenance Functions.
- Oversees and provides engineering and maintenance support
- Communicates with the Management staff on issues impacting production
- Develops training plans to help and assist in the advancement of associate knowledge in all functions of the Department.
- Oversee training as needed of manufacturing team
- Oversees housekeeping and general maintenance of the entire facility
- Receives and provides initial investigation/analysis of service requests, estimates time and material cost of projects, and develops and executes plan of action required to effectively resolve service requests
- Maintain parts inventory and requisitions new supplies/equipment as needed
- Manages and provides advanced troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and repairs for all equipment and fixed assets associated with the production department including 24/7 support when volume or needs dictate regarding equipment maintenance
- Serves as a resource to other departments in the resolution of complex problems and issues related to maintenance and facility needs
- Contracts vendors to perform quotes, contractual repairs and modifications for equipment installations
- Monitors deployment of contractors while on-site insuring proper credentials and building access needed to perform tasks
- Evaluates and recommends future equipment
- Communicates with Facilities Manager on building and property issues
- Overseas and project manages the changes to the production floor
- Manages yearly budget and predicts through tracking methods future budget needs for Maintenance Department.
- Manages cost controls, repair parts, replacement recommendations regarding preventative facilities management maintenance
- Maintains production environment within optimal parameters for digital printing
- Maintains compliance for OSHA using company Management systems
- Participates in the Health and Safety meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities·
- Knowledge of electronic controls, mechanical repairs to equipment, and OSHA compliance.
- Ability to train others in process and procedures
- Personal computing skills to include MS Office, Excel, Word, and Outlook programs
- Ability to develop and manage budgets
- Ability to evaluate and recommend equipment
- Ability to develop relations with vendors and contractors
- Able to implement training curriculums
- Attention to detail
- Ability to bring a task to closure
- Ability to apply mastery of skills in adapting procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate
- Knowledge of the proper repair procedures for various maintenance jobs
- Knowledge of electrical & plumbing
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of machines and tools, to include their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage a team of associates
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, and staff level maintenance
- Oral and written communication skills
- Reading comprehension skills
- Math skills – basic arithmetic, addition, subtraction
- Ability to meet and maintain performance objectives
- Ability to speak, write, and read the English language
- Knowledge of safety procedures, processes and guidelines
- Ability to maintain reasonably reliable attendance
Education and Experience
- Degree or Qualification in engineering preferred
- 5 years’ experience in a fast-paced warehouse/production environment required
- 5 years’ experience supervising/managing technicians and facilities in a manufacturing environment
- 5 years Electrical Engineering
Essential Physical Demands
- Ability to walk and stand continuously during the assigned shift
- Ability to lift/carry in full range of motion up to 50lbs during the assigned shift – 25lbs or less frequently, and up to 50lbs frequently.
- Ability to push/pull in a warehouse environment up to 50lbs force to push during the assigned shift: 1-40lbs frequently and 41-50lbs occasionally
- Ability to grip/grasp continuously during the assigned shift
- Ability to bend, squat/kneel, twist/turn, climb, crawl, reach above shoulder, and type/keyboard frequently during the assigned shift
- Ability to work designated shift including overtime as required, which could include time before or after the designated shift and/or weekends
- Exposure to wide range of temperatures
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, Ability to work designated shift including overtime as required, which could include time before or after the designated shift and/or weekends
- Competitive salary
- Training Opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- Service Awards