- 34 13th Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for an Intern to contribute to our Consortium team in our Minneapolis, MN office for the Spring 2021 semester. The Internship is designed to provide students with practical, real-world experience and expose them to publisher metadata and its application for print and eBook on-line catalogs, sales and marketing.
Do you have experience working with publishers? Have a passion for helping publishers be successful?
At Ingram, our publisher-facing business offers more than just traditional wholesale services. It offers fully integrated and relevant solutions for client publishers. Comprised of book printing, digital book, distribution, publishing sales and marketing services, this part of Ingram’s business helps publishers discover more ways to sell content in markets across the globe. Based in the Nashville area, New York, Berkeley and other locations, our teams are collaborative, innovative, dynamic, and passionate about the business.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you share that passion, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and want to contribute to a strategic part of the business that is evolving and expanding, we can’t wait to meet you!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current college student pursing a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s level degree
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Basic experience working with metadata
- Work with content management team on daily tasks related to publisher generated metadata
- Format publisher-submitted Word docs into HTML to prep them for the catalog and other
- Pull metadata extracts and edit as needed
- Proofread catalog copy
- Audit data in CMS to ensure its metadata fitness for seasonal presales meetings
- Check that data and images feed out correctly
- Provide support and research for Amazon account
- Monitors assigned objectives and works with manager to develop and prioritize projects/assignments.
- Communicates necessary updates/information to department associates.
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.