- 14 Ingram Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Sales Specialist to contribute to our Content Acquisitions team in LaVergne, TN just outside Nashville. This person identifies and grows sales opportunities with publishers for Ingram’s range of publishing services in all global markets, working alongside marketing, customer support, external sales and other ICG departments to ensure consistency in strategy and approach. They utilize data to identify opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling various ICG products as they are deemed suitable to the publisher’s needs. They asses customer’s needs and determine whether they meet ICG content and business requirements. This person also coordinates sales activities using tools such as Salesforce, negotiates terms that are advantageous to bottom line revenue, and participates in sales and/or service activities among assigned accounts. This specialist cross-sells and supports existing accounts, products and services available to the customer based on their service packages. They also respond to customer needs and concerns and develops, maintains, and grows customers primarily via telephone, video conference and email.
Do you have experience working with publishers? Have a passion for helping publishers be successful?
At Ingram, our publisher-facing business offers more than just traditional wholesale services. It offers fully integrated and relevant solutions for client publishers. Comprised of book printing, digital book, distribution, publishing sales and marketing services, this part of Ingram’s business helps publishers discover more ways to sell content in markets across the globe. Based in the Nashville area, New York, Berkeley and other locations, our teams are collaborative, innovative, dynamic, and passionate about the business.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you share that passion, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and want to contribute to a strategic part of the business that is evolving and expanding, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s degree OR year for year experience
- 3 years’ experience in sales, book publishing or printing
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience with Solution Selling
- Book industry experience
- Develops and grows the pipeline of potential ICG small to mid-sized accounts via phone, web, and by seeking opportunities in person with traditional publishers and content companies within a defined geographical area.
- Works with sales counterparts and management to develop a strategic growth plan for assigned campaign and market segments.
- Serves as the main sales-person and contact between publishers and every aspect of the Ingram Content Group from contracts, to operations, to relationships and fully understands each publishers’ business and its relationship with Ingram.
- Introduces and recommends new products and/or services (physical and digital) and other general information of interest to customers.
- Recommends solutions/proposals to management and team leaders that address the needs of the publishers through Ingram’s current print and digital offerings, or the development of new offerings using Ingram’s core competencies.
- Works with ICG Product, IT and Finance teams where appropriate to develop publisher solutions that will drive revenue and profit.
- This list is not exhaustive
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.