Client Services Coordinator
- 14 Ingram Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Client Services Coordinator to contribute to our team in LaVergne, TN just outside Nashville. This individual will coordinate and maintain publisher relationships to increase sales and to provide accurate and timely accession of titles received from the publishers. If you have a strong customer service background, and an interest in the book industry, this may be the job for you! Call center experience is also a plus!
Do you have experience working with publishers? Have a passion for helping publishers be successful?
At Ingram, our publisher-facing business offers more than just traditional wholesale services. It offers fully integrated and relevant solutions for client publishers. Comprised of book printing, digital book, distribution, publishing sales and marketing services, this part of Ingram’s business helps publishers discover more ways to sell content in markets across the globe. Based in the Nashville area, New York, Berkeley and other locations, our teams are collaborative, innovative, dynamic, and passionate about the business.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you share that passion, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and want to contribute to a strategic part of the business that is evolving and expanding, we can’t wait to meet you!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years customer service experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Call Center experience
- Knowledge of digital/offset printing
- Manages customer relationship interfacing with Pre-Media, Sales, Accounting, Shipping, and Production to communicate and resolve customer satisfaction issues.
- Coordinates receipt and internal processing of title materials from customers to Pre-Media and acts as liaison to communicate issues between LSI and publishers.
- Accurately tracks the progress of titles and provides status information to customer and/or management in a timely manner or as needed.
- Increases sales volume via clarification of special offerings to existing clients.
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 10 vacation days & 10 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code
- Work Hours: M-F 10a-7p
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.