Director, Sales (Library Services)
- 14 Ingram Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Director, Sales to contribute to our Ingram Library Services (ILS) team in LaVergne, TN just outside Nashville. The Director, Sales will lead and direct the Field Sales Team. They will develop the overall strategic management of sales functions to ensure the achievement of established print and value-added services goals and objectives. In addition, this person will interact with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction, to maintain and enhance current knowledge regarding all ILS programs and services and to share customer requirements and market trends. The ideal candidate will have publishing or library experience. In addition we are seeking someone with experience managing remote teams, a strong background in budgeting, forecasting and Accounting skills, and a person with the ability to travel.
You love supporting one library, but what if you could support thousands?
At Ingram, our Library Services teams curate titles and services for a wide range of libraries from small and rural libraries to multi-branch urban library systems. We focus on providing exceptional support to our library customers by improving workflows and processes with content, shelf-ready services, collection development and analytics -- all while developing and maintaining everlasting relationships with our clients. Our teams collaborate and innovate with a variety of skilled professionals and manage projects with quality and profitability in mind.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you share that passion and are seeking an opportunity with a fast paced, customer-centric company offering a competitive salary and benefits, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field
- 7 years sales experience
- 5 years field sales management experience
- 3 years strategic planning experience
- Ability to travel up to 60%
- Experience doing budgeting and forecasting for revenue
- Salesforce experience
- Experience managing remote teams
- Solid presentation skills and communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience working with P&L (responsible for revenue and expense)
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops and manages ILS Field Sales Team.
- Coaches, counsels, supports, and manages performance of sales representatives and provides positive and/or corrective feedback in a timely manner.
- Develops scalable sales processes/procedures and ensures sales representatives consistently adhere to the process.
- Ensures that representatives are trained to use sales technologies, such as a Salesforce, and that they consistently input and maintain the data as instructed.
- Plans and implements training programs (sales skills, products, services, etc.). Holds regular skills training sessions.
- Identifies and implements departmental efficiencies and ensures key deliverables are met.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key customers, prospects and industry leaders.
- Visits key customers and prospects. Maintains ILS management presence at strategic state conferences and all national conferences.
- Establishes individual territory sales goals for ILS Field Sales Team.
- Participates in establishing comprehensive ILS annual sales and margin goals.
- Works with ILS Field Sales Team to achieve key strategic initiatives, providing input, trend reporting and feedback.
- Monitors marketplace trends, the competition, and economic indicators.
- Identifies, sets and implements policies in conjunction with the ILS management team regarding strategic planning, product pricing, contract discounting and the development of programs and services.
- Negotiates terms of sales contracts with individual customers.
- Evaluates current and prospective customers for profitability and determines viability of new and/or continued business partnerships.
- Projects and forecasts annual and quarterly sales revenue.
- Participates in department expense budgeting process including tracking, reporting and variance explanations.
- Collaborates with marketing team to develop lead generation plans, sales collateral, and customer communications.
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.