Channels Support Coordinator
- Pitfield, Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes MK11, UK
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity.
Ingram owned Book Network Int’l Limited (“NBNi”) is an established and widely respected international physical and digital book distributor in the British book trade with a reputable base of publisher clients and complements Ingram’s growing range of services provided to publishers in the United Kingdom.
Supported by the experienced office team based in Plymouth, Devon and with a new Warehouse in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, NBNi’s client service business stands alongside Ingram’s wide range of digital, physical, and print-on-demand solutions to create a premier global service offering.
With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print on demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Verba Software, Inc., Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC
Works with Channel Partners and supports Channel relationships to increase sales and provide accurate and timely information to the INGRAM team and management on Channel partner activity.
- Act as primary respondent to @DistributionIssueUK queries; respond to queries from customers and LS UK, US and AUS, concerning title availability on UK managed channel web sites.
- Day to day liaison with channel partners on orders, stock, returns and damages and responsible for initiating appropriate actions arising from these.
- Liaise with key channel partners and LSI/Ingram concerning data and availability feeds. Determines and corrects errors on the data feed to channels. (LSIT - Dan Hughes and IBC - Tammy Lane)
- Work closely with the Channels Sales Manager (Mark Hunt, David Pagenham, Bryan Roman), to co-ordinate activity with new and existing Channel Partners.
- Key responsibility for iPage Global support, working with retailers and wholesalers, Ingram Personnel and Publishers.
- Key responsibility for creating and maintenance of Channel User Manual for use by Ingram Personnel (Originated from Amy’s Manual and maintained by Fiona).
- Proactively pointing out changes to improve our UK feed to key channels like AMAZON.
- Proactively liaise with Sales Departments (INGRAM, LSI) and Systems Development to escalate high priority incidents and high business impacts – Attending meetings and conference calls with decision making Executives.
- Performs data analysis supporting Ingram management and customer requests.
- Provide data to INGRAM Management and Channel Customers and participate in projects.
- Using data manipulation and extrapolation tools in XML with the understanding of ONIX for Books Product.
- Report writing – creating reports to gather key information with our channel partners and employees.
- Implementing new standards and procedure for key channel partners.
- Works on an advisory level to the INGRAM sales, customer service team and management.
- Occasional, essential travel visiting key channels to establish and maintain relationships and knowledge of data feeds and sales activity where appropriate.
- Key responsibility for creating, maintenance and team training of IPage & EPIC systems, plus user manuals for use by internal customers.
- Key responsibility for updating and distributing Channel contact list for use by Ingram Personnel
- Key liaison officer with Nielsen Book data, promoting and extending an effective working relationship, by attending and fully participating in meetings every 2 months, distributing updates to Ingram Personnel
- Provide cover for CSR team generally when unavailable on an adhoc basis.
- To be responsible for your own Health and Safety and be aware of factors affecting your colleagues in order to maintain a safe environment.
- To report any accidents, potential hazards to your Line Manager immediately.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong customer service orientation and administration skills
- Aptitude for database systems, experience with web browsers, Excel and Word applications.
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as a key member of a small team and to lead by example
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload and to work on own initiative
- Should be able to adapt to change with little or no negative impact to productivity.
- Must be flexible. Be able to work ‘out of office times’ when needed.
Problem solving approach to work and will have excellent (verbal and written) communication skills.
Decision Making Examples:
Must be able to identify titles that are outside the production “norm” and resolve issues to get titles back into workflow for timely completion
Education and Experience:
- 2-3 Years customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of digital/offset printing a plus.
- O level/GCSE level equivalent required.
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Continuous Professional Development and Training Opportunities
- Business Casual dress code, dress down Fridays
- Free onsite parking
- Free Hot drinks
- Snack and Drink Vending machines on site
- Gym Membership Corporate Discount
- Service Awards