WAREHOUSE WORKER - 3rd Shift
- 1200 Ingram Dr, Chambersburg, PA 17202, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring various warehouse positions to contribute to our Operations team in Chambersburg, PA.
Want to join a key team that helps the world read?
At Ingram, the Operations team serves a key role within the organization. We ensure that our distribution centers and warehouse facilities function at maximum efficiency. Safety is a core value in our distribution environment. We emphasize this through training, education and accident prevention programs. Process Improvement is another core value, and through innovations such as voice and Radio Frequency (RF) technologies, as well as feedback from our associates, we work toward constant improvement.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you want to be part of a customer-centric team that strives for excellence, collaboration, innovation, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Obtains picking list or task group assignments from leadership, inputs order into production system, and gets cart
- Pulls/ verifies correct number of each item from shelves based on the task assignment using paper, Radio Frequency (RF) or voice- activated processes and places books on cart
- Scans order out of production when completed and pushes cart in the correct staging area
- Checks for damages and verifies data on customer order including entry number and number of books while packing order
- Determines the proper packing method for various size orders to arrange books in the most compact manner onto corrugated cardboard boxes, t-boards, or flats according to allowable weights for method of shipping
- Pushes completed order onto conveyor to continue through the shipment process
- Verify packing and shipping labels for each order to be boxed
- Select the correct sized box for each order based on the size of the order
- Add appropriate amount of dunnage to each box when necessary and securely seal product for shipment
- Removes product from boxes, verifies title and location, and places on shelves in an orderly manner
- Breaks down boxes and packing materials
6 months continuous work experience
Why You’ll Love Working for ICG:
- Casual dress code
- Convenient location
- Starting Pay $14.50
- Shift Differential $1.50
- Increase after 4 months based on performance
- Sunday through Thursday 10:00 pm to 6:30 pm
- Must be available to work overtime up to 10 hours per shift and up to 6 days per week as needed.
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.