- 1 Ingram Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Supervisor, Accounting to contribute to our team in LaVergne, TN just outside Nashville. In this role, you will be responsible for supervising Staff Accountants and for the preparation of financial reporting used in management decisions. You will manage team members and collaborate with department management addressing questions or issues for internal or external clients. You’ll be responsible for fielding calls or emails daily from clients; assist in resolving complex issues and ensuring high quality services. As the Supervisor, you will also manage the financial reporting and financial records for entire business unit and ensure accurate information is available for management decisions.
Want to join a key team that helps the world read?
At Ingram, our Accounting and Finance teams are collaborative, innovative and are recognized as change agents, partnering with skilled professionals across the country to generate new, impactful ideas. We are proactive, evolving and highly respected in our industry. We are flexible, have fun, and foster professionalism. Our focus on providing exceptional customer support differentiates us from competitors.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you are a professional in accounting and finance that is seeking a stable, adaptable team, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6 years Accounting experience
- 2 years’ experience supervisory role
- Experience using Peoplesoft
- Interviews, hires, and supervises Staff of Accountants.
- Assesses staff’s level of knowledge and adjusts training methods to meet individual needs.
- Prepares and deliver performance appraisals.
- Prepares, analyzes and reviews financial statements and reconciliations prepared by staff for accuracy and reasonableness; provides feedback.
- Responsible for financial systems reporting and related accuracy in General Ledger, Financial Statements, Financial Reporting tools, Fixed Assets, Inventory, A/R, A/P, Consignment Payables and Sales Reporting; monitors transactions for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Researches and resolves complex issues.
- Partners with IT and various department to resolve production and reporting issues.
- Conducts variance reporting to Budget.
- Drives improvements in reports and ad hoc requests.
- Assists with system upgrades and functionality enhancements.
- Analyzes general ledger to determine accuracy and completeness of activity.
- Reviews revenue and expense accounts for reasonableness; to include review of journal entries as necessary to ensure accuracy in reporting.
- Identifies and resolves significant variances between actual and budget; reviews variance analysis for month-end close and reporting.
- Responsible for all financial statements related to entire business units; works with business unit leadership to ensure clarity in presentation.
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.