Human Resources Generalist (M-F, 8a-5p)
- 210 American Dr, Jackson, TN 38301, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Generalist to contribute to our Human Resources team in Jackson, TN just outside Nashville. In this role, you act as the initial single point of contact for HR services and programs for our Operations team. You guide all aspects of HR delivery to positively impact business unit performance. You administer the functions of the employment lifecycle from recruitment to exit such as sourcing, staffing, and employment administration, associate relations, leave administration, benefit administration, and training.
Want to join a key team that helps the world read?
At Ingram, the Operations team serves a key role within the organization. We ensure that our distribution centers and warehouse facilities function at maximum efficiency. Safety is a core value in our distribution environment. We emphasize this through training, education and accident prevention programs. Process Improvement is another core value, and through innovations such as voice and Radio Frequency (RF) technologies, as well as feedback from our associates, we work toward constant improvement.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you want to be part of a customer-centric team that strives for excellence, collaboration, innovation, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s Degree or enrolled in last semester of college pursing a BA/BS
- 1 year of human resources experience, which can include related course work or projects
- Knowledge of State and Federal employment laws
- Experience working in a production-based manufacturing/distribution environment
- At least 2 years of HR related experience
- Experience working with I-9 and open enrollment
- Critical thinking or problem-solving skills
- Intermediate experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, Project, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Administers the functions of the employment lifecycle from recruitment to exit such as sourcing, staffing, employment administration, associate relations, leave administration, benefits administration, and training.
- Manages the recruitment process to ensure compliance and the availability of talent to meet client group needs. This includes managing vendor/agency staffing relationships to supply a contingent workforce as needed.
- Delivers orientation and educates new hires on company policy and procedures.
- Advises and counsels management and associates on various state and federal regulations, company policies and procedures and HR practices in regards to associate and employment issues.
- Provides support to client group on associate relations matters, to include investigations, leveraging strategies toward resolution and providing recommendations for counseling/ employment status.
- This list is not exhaustive
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Onsite cafeteria and refreshments available for purchase
- Casual Dress Code
- Shift: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.